Chapter 28

Chapter 28

I was startled awake by Tay and Annie yelling wake up and plopping down on my bed. I must have fallen asleep. I had changed into my pj's and was going to wait for them to get here, that's the last thing I remember.

"Ok spill, what's going on?" Tay says. She's dressed in her own pj pants, a big baggy t-shirt and has her hair pulled up into two pigtails.

"Gracie, the whole drive over here, I was trying to figure out what could've happened. Did Kodi kiss you? Is that what it is?" Annie is wearing sweats and a Foo Fighters t-shirt, her Mom's no doubt.

"Omg Gracie, is that true? Did Kodi kiss you?!" Tay is all excited.

"Ok, no, I didn't kiss Kodi. I texted you both after the movie telling you he asked me to Homecoming remember! Don't you think I would've mention a kiss?!" I realize I still have my tank top bunched up in my hands.

"Ok, ok, I knew it wouldn't be anything that amazing. Tell us!" Tay says getting under the covers with me.

"Ok, let me start after I texted you guys. I was sitting outside on the step thinking about going to Homecoming with Kodi. Ryan wasn't home yet, Mom and Dad are on a date, and Max is at Spencers.

"Now or this was then?" Annie asks.

Now, and then, but Ryan is home now. Annie glances towards my door, hoping to see him.

"I was getting up to come in the house and Harry rode by on his bike. Jess was behind him walking." I lean over into my tank top, breathing deep. Annie and Tay both look at each other.

"Of course, it's something Harry said. By now you'd think we'd just go to that as our first guess." Tay says looking less excited.

He yells at me, saying something like, "Hey sweetie, did Kodi finally dump you for CiCi? You better watch out because she wants him bad and if you're not doing him, she will." I say that, and even now, after what's happened, it still hurts.

"What an asshole! Wait, does he think you and Kodi are together? Does CiCi like him?!" Tay is shocked by this news. Honestly, I didn't know this either. Makes me want to vomit.

"Wow Gracie, what an idiot. He's always going to be a jerk. Time to move on. I know you guys were friends when you were eleven or whatever, but he's changed. Ha! Wait till CiCi finds out you guys are going to Homecoming though!" Annie is laughing, but still looking back at the door every few minutes.

"Yeah Gracie, just throw that in her face. Those barbie bitches don't have a chance with him. He's always been yours." Tay says hugging me.

"Right?! It's about time they both gave in and did something about it! Oh but what about Jake!" Annie says. They both are looking at me now.

"Did you break up with him yet Gracie?" Tay asks.

"No, listen, you both need to chill yourselves! I'm still with Jake, I guess. The barbie bitches will never get Kodi, yes, that's true, and it is exciting that I'm going to Homecoming with Kodi! I bring my shirt up again and breathe deep. "But actually, there's more to my story." Both of them are staring at me now like I'm nuts.

"Um, what is with you and your shirt? That's like the fourth time you've, what, smelled it?" Tay grabs it and smells it.

"Gross Tay!" Annie says.

"No, wait a minute, it's NOT." Tay looks at me, she's trying to put it together. She'll never get there.

"Is this Kodi?" She asks.

Annie grabs the shirt and smells. "Wow, that's yummy. Is it Kodi?"

"Listen ok!" I yell and grab my shirt back.