Chapter 34

Chapter 34

The hallway that leads to the gym is lit up with white lights wrapped around each of the pillars, creating a warm romantic glow. We walk through the doors to the gym and see it's been transformed into something out of a movie. You can't even tell it's a gym. The bleachers have been pushed back and covered by black fabric. The basketball hoops are up. There have to be a million tiny lights hanging from the ceiling that make the room look like it's all lit up by candles. There are gold stars hanging down, glittery streamers, and in the center a fountain!

"Omg look at this place!" Tay says. We're all just standing in the gym doorway looking around. I never thought it would be this beautiful. There's a dj over by the doors to the locker rooms, and a place to get your picture taken on the other side of the gym. The dj's blasting Jason Derulo's Talk Dirty.

We go on in and find a table near the back of the gym. There are tons of people, all dressed up and having fun. I see Cynthia dancing with some guy who's in our gym class. I see Harry's friend Jeff dancing with one of the barbie bitches, and Jeremy over at the table where the food and drinks are. The guys go to get something to drink, and we start checking out everybody's outfits. I wave to Jeremy, but he doesn't see me. Harry's sister, Jess, is sitting on some guys lap. At least it's not Dereks, Harry would shit. Her dress is hot! Red, super short, strapless, plunging neckline that goes low enough you can see her red bra peeking out. I wish I could wear something like that, but my Dad would kill me!

Tay leans over and says, "Do you see Jess Styles' dress?! It's awesome! Omg, there's Zac! Omg he looks so hot!"

Zac does look hot, his black tux and purple vest look really good. He's not with a girl, that I can see anyway, just a bunch of his friends.

"It looks like he's with his friends. Maybe he didn't bring a date." Annie saying what I was just thinking.

"Do you think I should ask him to dance?" Tay asks.

"No, Tay, remember what Kodi said? Maybe if he asks you, but I wouldn't ask him." I say, standing up. "I'm going to go get Jeremy, he looks bored over there. I'm gonna have him sit with us."

As I walk through the couples, I try to look around to see if I see Harry. Maybe he didn't come. I can't really see him in a tux, or at something like this. The dj put on a slow song. Lots of people are leaving the dance floor. I practically lose sight of Jeremy in the crowd. I see an opening and run through, grabbing Jeremy by the arm. He was looking the other way when I grabbed him, so he jumped at my touch.

"Sorry!" I laugh at him. He smiles at me.

"Hey! You look great, Gracie!" He says.

"Awww thanks Jeremy! You look pretty amazing too." I say, winking at him. He has a black tux with a green vest. The same color as Tay's! Maybe I'll have a date for her yet! "Want to come over and sit with us? It's just me, Tay and Annie, from math, and my brother, and Kodi.

"You sure it's ok? I don't want to crash your party, I'm ok by myself." He says, taking a drink of something that looks like punch.

"No, no! Come on, I want you to be with us. The less time you're with your cousin and her slutty friends, the better." Omg did I just say that?! "I'm sorry! Wow that was so rude! I need a filter sometimes I really do."

"No, it's ok, that was funny...and true!" He's smiling again. His teeth are really nice.

We go back to our table. Kodi and Ryan are back with drinks and a plate of pretzels and chips.

"Hey guys, this is Jeremy Masterson, cousin of Cynthia, but completely cool. This is Tay and Annie, you know them already, and my brother Ryan, and Kodi." I say, grabbing a chair from the table next to us and pulling it over by mine.