Chapter 73

Harry's POV

She said it. Grace said she loves me. She's crying and I've never seen her more beautiful. I pull her to me, wiping away her tears.

"It's OK, Grace. I'm not leaving. I feel it too." I say.

Kodi and Jess leave and we're alone. Grace is still upset, I think this is one of those emotional, happy cries Lizzie talked about. I bring her head to my chest, wrapping my arms around her.

"I have more to say, Grace, but I don't want to say it now. I don't want it to be because you said it, and I'm just repeating it." I whisper to her as I rub her back. She's holding me tight.

"I'm sorry, I just blurted it out Harry." She sobs into my chest. "I said it earlier too, when Tay and I were arguing. Everyone knows." Her sobs slowing down.

I take her face in my hands and bend down so I can look at her.

"Fuck, Baby, that means everything to me, to hear you tell me you love me. We might have some people who don't believe in us, who think we'll crash and burn, but I never did care much what other people thought of me. I do care what you think. You're my world Grace. Don't ever forget."

I need to give her the locket. She's ready and so am I.

"Let's go get that beer OK?" I say. She looks up at me and smiles.

We walk out of the barn closer than we've ever been. With all the shit I've had to deal with tonight, I wouldn't change a minute of it if I had it to do over. Not if it meant this is how it would turn out.

We walk over to the beer trough, seeing Annie, Tay, and Ryan there. I grab Grace and I a beer, opening hers and handing it to her.

"I'll be back in a minute. I'm going to go get a shirt." I kiss Grace on top of her head and walk back towards the truck.

Grace's POV

"Well you two are obviously having fun!" Annie says laughing and brushing hay off my skirt.

I don't even want to know why Harry needed a new shirt." Ryan laughs, taking a drink.

Embarrassing.

"Omg you guys, I told him I loved him!" I say, as soon as Harry's out of earshot.

I can feel my stupid face all smiley. I have no control when it comes to Harry. Yeah, we've established that.

"We had just come out of one of the stalls and Jess and Kodi were there. Kodi was an ass. He's been drinking and was trying to make Harry mad, saying shit about us." I take a drink, thinking about Kodi's reaction when he saw us.

"Don't worry about him, Gracie. You said he was drunk, so he didn't mean it. What did Harry do?" Tay says.

"He was mad but he didn't do anything. Told Kodi that he wasn't forcing me to be with him, or pushing me to do anything I didn't want to do. He said he'd let me go, walk away and never bother me again, if that's what I wanted."

"Oh my gosh Gracie! That's so sweet!" Annie is smiling holding onto my arm.

"Wow, girls are such saps!" Ryan says.

"That's when I said it. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I feel it so strong! I really do love him."

"What did he say when you said it?" Ryan and Annie ask, almost at the same time.

"I was crying. I know, lame. He pulled me to him, saying he felt it too. I was so afraid once I said it, it would freak him out! We've only been going out a week! He said he didn't want to say it right noe, because it would seem like he was saying it because I just did, but that I was his whole world."