XLII

Nina practically ran through the halls of the castle, wanting not only to get away from Loki, but to find Thor, or someone else who could take her home. As she turned a corner, she bumped into someone and the two almost lost their footing. It was only a few seconds later that she realised she had bumped into the actual Queen of Asgard.

"I'm so sorry," she said, straightening her dress and wiping the tears off her face.

"Is something wrong?" Frigga asked her once she noticed that Nina had been crying. As everyone knows, when one is trying not to cry and another asks them if they're alright, one is bound to cry. Nina covered her face with her hands as tears slided down her face. "Nina, come here, dear. What happened?" Frigga threw her arms around Nina's shoulders and hugged her, before letting go and placing one arm around her waist. Frigga started to walk away from Loki's room, knowing her son had done something to upset the only woman he had ever loved.

"I just- I wanna go home," Nina's broken voice said to her. Frigga nodded.

"I can arrange that," Frigga promised her. "I can do that right now, if it is what you wish," she offered, earning a short nod from Nina. Before Nina knew it, they were in front of Sif's chambers, and Frigga was knocking on the door. Had they teleported there?

Sif opened the door and was about to ask the Queen why she was there, but when she noticed Nina's puffy eyes and the tears on her face, she just opened the door and the two women walked inside.

"What happened?" Sif asked. Nina was obviously not going to answer anything.

"Loki," Frigga responded in her place. Of course it would have been Loki.

Nina didn't even know why she was so attached to Loki. They had only met a week prior, but somehow it had been enough for them fo fall in love with eachother. Nina understood that Loki was a Frost Giant, and they fell in love with one person only, and it was love at first sight, but she didn't quite understand her side of the story.  Why was she in love with him? Why had she agreed to spend a week in Asgard, knowing she would have to meet Odin, and knowing Loki would be gone in a few days. Nina didn't understand what was going on, she just knew she wanted to be as far away from this place as she could.

"I will bring her to Heimdall," Frigga told Sif. "Would you go to her chambers and grab her belongings, please?" Sif nodded.

"Of course."

"Meet us at the Bifrost. Do not mind telling Odin, I shall do that myself later," she told Sif before the woman walked out of her own room. Frigga extended her arm to Nina. "Take my arm, dear."

Nina did so, and in a mere second, they were standing near the end of the rainbow bridge. Heindall was standing not so far form them, his sword in his hands.