V

(3rd Person POV)

2012. A year to be remembered. As soon as Nina was called into the lab facility, she knew something was extremely wrong. The Cube, also called the Tesseract, that they were experimenting in was something very powerful, and only Nina knew about it at the moment. It was one of the Infinity Stones; the Space stone.

"What is actually setting the thing off?" Fury asked every one.

"Whatever it is, it isn't from this side," Nina answered. Everyone stopped to look at her. Half of the scientists had already left the building.

"This side?" Clint Barton asked.

Clint Barton had become a very good friend of hers. Of course, she felt guilty not being able to tell him more about her personal life, more so because she knew exactly everything about him. She knew about his wife, the little baby on the way, his safe house in the middle of nowhere, hidden from S.H.I.E.L.D. Yet, he didn't know the most basic things about her.

"Yes," Nina answered. "This cube is filling the room with dark energy and, no offense, that's not something you guys would be able to do. The Cube is a door to another place, the other side of the universe; a door can be opened from both ends."

As if it were a queue, the Tesseract thundered and shook the entire facility. Big enough where both Agents Hill and Coulson could feel, and they're at different ends of the facility. The flaring rings and glow of the cube spouted out brighter and louder, like a boiling pot of water. The Tesseract's energy built up into a beam much like the Bifrost Bridge, which hit at the end of a platform that is wired to the CMS device. The great maelstrom beam fired the Tesseract energy. The beam then formed a vortex, which then opened up a portal. A black hole was created, just like that, inside the room.

Nina stared at the portal, the blackness of Space, beautiful and mysterious, strewn with a billion stars. This was what she wanted. She wanted to see the stars again. This was as close to 'home' as she'd ever get. Suddenly, a gust of blue energy clouds appeared and filled the room, blinding everyone.

One thing you gotta learn about Time lords; they know when an Infinity Stone is close. As children, they are thought to not even get close of them, for they were the most powerful objects in the universe. If a Time lord was to come of possetion of one, he would become a god; unstoppable, invincible. Guess how Nina felt when she sensed another one of those stones walk right through the portal.

The Tesseract's energy formed into a cloud that reached to the top the facility's vacuum chamber ceiling. It was abnormally quiet. Then... heavy breathing was heard from the platform. SHIELD guards slowly approached, weapons in hands. A figure was kneeling on the platform, smoke coming off it.

Smiling in his mischievous manner, he raised his head. The smile dies down as he noticed the guns pointed at him. He looked deep into the eyes of Fury, Nina and Selvig. He stood up, holing a gold scepter. Nina looked at the end of the septer, realising the power it had. At its end, was an infinity stone, but not just any infinity stone; The Mind Stone. One of the most powerful Stones, if not the most powerful. With a simple touch, this man dressed in green and gold leather could control anyone's mind. Suddenly, Fury's voice took Nina away from her thoughts and back to real life.

"Sir, please put down the spear!" Fury yelled at him, his gun pointed at the man.

The man looked at his spear then suddenly pointed it at where Fury, Nina and Barton were standing, shooting out a blue exploding light towards them. Nina threw herself to the side and Clint Tackled Fury to the ground. By very less; they were all able to miss the man's fired shot.

Machine gun fire was shot at him, but the bullets bounced off him like a boss. The unknown man jumped high from the platform and attacked those firing at him. In the blink of an eye, he took down several guards with his knives and energy blasts from the scepter. He stopped and waited to see who would attack him next. Honestly, the whole lab has almost gone to shit. Barton tried to stand up. Loki quickly walked towards him. Barton raised his gun, but Loki grabed Barton's hand.

Nina realised what was about to happen, and there was nothing she could do. Except... this man was here for a reason. He had to be. No one would just go through a black hole and attack dozens of people for nothing. Then she realised: he wanted the Tesseract itself.