III

It was now 1952. I had been in this hellish place for about two years now. No, I'm not talking about S.H.I.E.L.D., I'm speaking about... actually, I'm not even sure what's the name of this place.

All I know is; the people here can't be human beings. Humans are creatures of hope, of compassion, love. These men are torturing innocent people just for the sake of science. They inflict pain on others and don't seem to feel anything.

Honestly, I don't even know how I got myself into that position.

One day I was safe at home, the next I had been kidnapped by Russians. Yeah, bit of a bad day, it was. My plants were probably all dead, already.

Anyways, as I was saying; Russians. They're never a good sight to see are they? They had me and another five people. Apparently, their plan was to create soldiers, machines they could control. And they did. That was the first time I was actually controlled. Usually, my species is too advanced for humans to do anything. And I'm not full of myself or anything, but it's true. Yet, somehow, these men were able to control me. I lost count of how many people I've killed under their commands.

As I said, there were 6 of us. Me, two Russian Navy men, a Canadian Veteran of the first world war and, for my surprise, James Buchanan Barnes. He had been completely brainwashed by the time we met again, though, so he had no idea of who I was.

Him and I were their favourites. He had lost his arm in that train accident years ago, so he was granted a metal implant. He was the greatest hand-to-hand fighter that they had, and he was often sent into missions alone.

But, although he was very good, I was definitely the best weapon fighter. At first, they gave me a bow and arrow, and don't get me wrong, I was pretty good with those. But they decided that they wanted me closer to the action, so they gave me a sword. It looked a lot like a katana, but I'm not sure it actually was one.

Now y'all are asking yourselves; you're a TimeLady, how come you were mind controlled? Look, I don't know. They say a bunch of Russian words like satelite and Jupiter and I blackout. I get fractions of what I'm doing, like seeing someone control my body and not being able to take over, do anything to stop myself.

It's pitiful, really. Not only for me but also for the people who die at my hand. Yeah, as you see, I'm not really startled by any of it. I mean, I feel extremely bad, but it's not like I cry in the shower every time it happens.

I'm just used to it. I'm used to bloodshed, and pain, and death. I guess I've just been to war for too long.

Either way, I didn't have any control over myself once they spoke those Russian words.

Me and Bucky became kinda friends. I mean, again. I tried my best to recreate what we had ten years ago, but all I could do was become the one he hated the least amongst them all. Bucky would often get himself into trouble with them, and it would always end in a fight.

One day, I found out that the Russians kept wiping out Bucky's memories. He kept forgetting things, or simply wouldn't talk about anything he'd done. And, well, apparently, they tried to do the same to me, but they weren't successful. What were they thinking?

One day, I decided to ask Bucky about it.

"Buck," I started. It was during our free time, the time we had to eat lunch. At the time, only me and he was out of Cryo. They believed it wasn't useful to put me under too because for one, I already didn't age. Two, they kept them in Cryo so that they didn't have to wipe their memories every week. With me, they simply weren't able to do so, so they decided they were going to keep me awake for all those years.   "What do you remember at all?"

"You mean, what do I still remember that they haven't wiped out of my memories?" He asked sarcasticly. I nodded. For some reason, Bucky was always more open to me than to anyone else.

We had often takes about Steve Rogers. They were childhood best friends, and got separated. The we talked about how we'd met once, at the end of the war. He didnt remember that, but he definelty believed it. It was quite sad. We were going for a dance, but i obviously didnt need to tell him that. I had also him that I helped create the one thing that turned Steve Rogers into Captain America, but I don't think he believed me.

"I don't know," he answered honestly. "Some things. Small details." He sounded really heartbroken. Seriously, so would I, if someone had erased my memories. "Not much about Steve," he added. "I know what he looks like. I... his mother's name was Sarah," he said with a sad smile. I did so too.

That was the last time I talked to him in years. Half of us managed to escape. I really tried to bring Bucky with me, I swear. All I wanted to do was to run away with him, but I couldn't.