XXXVII

Nina and Bucky walked around the streets of Queens. Bucky had a black hoodie and jeans on, and Nina had tied his hair in a bun, before throwing his hood over it. He also had leather gloves over his hands, to hide the metal arm. Nina was in serious need of some clothes change. She was still wearing the white shirt from before, and it was still covered in blood. Therefore, she had her Bucky's leather jacket zipped up over it.

"Are you okay?" Nina asked, as Bucky was looking all over around them, probably afraid someone would attack them. "Calm down, we'll be fine." He took a deep breath and tried his best to believe it.

"And how do we know this kid isn't camping  inside your apartment waiting for you to come back?" Bucky asked her. Nina chuckled.

"Oh, I know he is," she told him. Bucky stoped and grabbed her arm for her to halt with him.

"Isn't this a problem? You're gonna let him know you're with me?" Nina threw her arms around his neck. He was stiff at first, but soon relaxed in her arms.

"Calm down," she whispered in his ear. "Don't you trust me?"

"I do."

"Then just relax and come with me."

They got to her building and started climbing the fire escape ladder. Nina couldn't help but grunt in pain every time she had to put all of her weight on her left leg.

"Sorry," she heard Bucky saying from below her when she grunted a bit too loud.

"Shut up," she told him. Nina looked down to see Bucky smirking beneath her feet. "Still shut up."

Once they climbed to her floor, Nina immediately spotted Peter sleeping on her sofa. It was almost 6 in the morning, had he spent the night in her apartment? Nina tried to open the window and sighed once she failed.

"Is this kid serious?" Bucky asked.

"For God's sake," she mumbled. Nina knocked on the window quite aggressively, making Peter jump wide awake. He first looked around, not remembering where he was or what was going on, but stared at the window once Nina knocked on it again. He immediately stood up and ran for the window, unlocking it. He offered a hand to Nina, and she gladly took the help to get through the window.

Peter froze once he saw Bucky coming through behind her. He thought Nina didn't know her, so he was ready to get into a fight.

"An intruder!" He yelled and took a few steps towards Bucky, his hands curled into fists protecting his face. Nina only put a hand on his torso and was able to hold him back away from Bucky.

"How did he get in? In-tru-da window?" Nina said, smiling to herself for her pun. She saw the opportunity and she took it. Peter snorted and Bucky only sighed in despair. "It's okay, Pete. He's a friend." Nina told him once she stopped laughing from her own joke. Peter stood back and let the two of them settle in.

Nina suddenly felt her body go hot, but then felt a wave of cold. Her face went pale and her hands started to sweat, and Bucky noticed it.

"Nina, are you okay?" Bucky asked worryingly, placing a hand on her arm for support, he saw how her legs were about to give up.

"I believe that..." She started, using her other hand to take Bucky's arm. "Climbing up stairs with a hole in your stomach is not a good idea." Just like that, she lost balance, and if it wasn't for Bucky holding her, she would have fallen knees-first into the wood floor.

"Did she just say a hole?"