XLVII

If there was something Bucky learned how to do being a spy for HYDRA, it was how to hack. After he did so, his own phone started to beep.

He passed by the reception of the hotel, telling the guy there that they would spend another night. He then followed the beeping sounds on his phone through the streets of France, because it would lead him to Nina's phone.

As he did that, a man took him by surprise and pushed him into an alley. As soon as bucjy realised what happened, he took out his knife and took on a fighting stance.

"Woah, Woah, Mr. Barnes," he exclaimed. Bucky froze. Since when did HYDRA agents call him Mr. Barnes? "I don't want to hurt you. I'm here to help you."

"Why would you help me?" Bucky said, taking a step back.

"My name is Igor Kellner, and my father has got Miss Jones," he revealed. Bucky frowned. Why would he reveal that? "He's worked with HYDRA for as long as I can remember and I hate it what they did to you two." He said. Bucky looked right into his eyes, trying to find a sign of lying, and he couldn't find any. "Please let me help you." As an answer, Bucky put his knife back in his pocket.

"Where are they?"

"Well, we can't just knock on their front door," he explained. "My dad is already suspicious of me, and well, you are The Winter Soldier."

"What do you suggest we do?" Everything in Bucky's body was telling him not to trust this man. He could be a spy for HYDRA, whose only goal was to take him in too. But what other choice did he have? This was Nina. He was ready to sacrifice himself and his own well-being to save her.

"You come in as my prisoner. They will trust me, so I'll be able to go see Miss. Jones-"

"Her name's Nina."

"-Nina, and you'll be inside."

Bucky thought about their plan. It was definetly a bad one, but also the only one they had.

"Fine."

♧♧♧

They walked through a door on the back of a bar, Bucky in cuffs and Igor holding him by the shoulder. Igor pushed him inside and through the halls of that place, earning looks by every scientist and every agent they passed by.

"Где папа?" Igor asked two agents.

"Комната четыре," one agent responded.

They walked to Room 4 and when they entered, Bucky's stomach fell to the ground. Nina was there, alright. She was sitting on a chair Bucky knew very well. She had bruises and cuts all over her face, and she was still shaking from the machine. As soon as Bucky saw the state she was in, he started to run to her, but two agents stopped him and threw him on the ground on his knees.

"I did tell you, Генезис," Kellner said with a smirk on his face. When Bucky saw the effect that word had on Nina, he wanted to punch that man in the face. Her eyes went blank, and she looked terrified. "I told you he would come to rescue you. Too bad we caught him." Kellner then looked at Bucky, crouching down to his level. "You know, Mr. Barnes, I always wanted to play with you. Mr. Pierce said only he could give you orders, but I'd like to see what you can do."