XVIII

A few minutes later, the four of them were sitting at the dinning table, eating breakfast. They ate in silence at first, the three Avengers being dry hungry after a hole day without any food.

"So, the question is: who in SHIELD could launch a domestic missile strike?" Natasha finally said, breaking the silence. Nina frowned. For some reason, Nat trusted Sam enough to talk about SHIELD stuff in front of him. Actually, for some reason, she did so too.

"Pierce," Nina said with disgust as she placed another pancake on her plate.

"Who happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building on the world."

"But he's not working alone," Steve said. "Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star." Nina nodded as she ate her pancake.

"So was Jasper Sitwell," Nat pointed out.

" So, the real question is: how do the three most wanted people in Washington kidnap a SHIELD officer in broad daylight?" Steve asked.

"The answer is: you don't," Sam joined in the conversation dropping a file on the table. Nina was too busy eating to read it. Steve took it in his hands.

"What is this?" Steve asked.

"Call it a resume," Sam said as he laid back into his chair. Nat picked up a photo that had fallen from the file.

"Is this Bakhamala?" Natasha asked. Nina suddenly took interest by the photo.

"The Khalid Khandil mission?" Nina asked in awe. "That was you?" Sam nodded with a smug smile on his face.

"You didn't say he was a para-rescue," Nat told Steve, who was looking at a photo of Sam and another man. The man had blonde short hair and blue eyes. He was tall, taller than Sam.

"Is this Riley?" Steve asked Sam, who nodded.

"I heard they couldn't bring in the choppers because of the RPGs," said Natasha, still not over the fact that Sam was part of the Khalid mission.   "What did you use, a stealth chute?"

"No, these," he said, showing the two girls the file. They opened it and read it. In the picture, Sam was again with the blond man, and they were both wearing what looked like metal wings.

"I thought you said you were a pilot," Nina told him.

"I never said pilot."

"We can't ask you to do this, Sam," Steve said. Nina had to resist the urge to roll her eyes. The man clearly wanted to help. And they needed said help. Steve always found a way to be the righteous man. "You got out for a good reason."

"Dude, Captain America needs my help," Sam exclaimed. "There's no better reason to get back in." Nina smiled at the man's enthusiasm.

"Except now Captain America is a fugitive, and SHIELD, now controlled by Hydra, is after him," Nina commented. Steve scoffed and ignored her.

"Where can we get our hands in one of those things?" Steve asked Sam, mentioning the wings of metal in the picture.

"The last one is at Fort Meade, behind three guarded gates and a twelve-inch steel wall," Sam said, as if telling them it would be a challenge. Steve looked at the girls, and Nat shrugged.

"Shouldn't be too hard," Steve told him. Show off, Nina thought with a smirk.