Chapter 81

Yesterday, I woke up at 6 a.m. and drank a cup of freshly brewed coffee. Then I read the paper while taking a nasty shit. Three American teenagers were arrested for assaulting several Korean adults in the city of Seoul. One poor old bastard even got his nose broken. The kids are the children of service members. They're not allowed to leave the peninsula until restitution is paid. Punching somebody in the face is no laughing matter in Asia. Their parents will have to pay several thousand dollars to get this shit swept under the rug.

The Dragon Lady had to leave early because of a school function.

I said, "Did you make Ken any breakfast?"

She said, "Why not you make da fucken bleakfast? I your slave?"

She slammed the door on the way out.

My upper arms are covered in black and blue marks. The woman has been violent for the past several days. I'm not sure if this is a thyroid problem, or if she's just fucking nuts. Maybe it's a combination of both. But I'm truly in a lot of pain. It's not easy being an abused husband. You can't fight back, and nobody takes you seriously if you tell them about your situation. It's a laughing matter to most people.

I drove to school with Ken. He's on vacation, but he wanted to see his old school mates. He got hugs as soon as he stepped out of the car. Everybody remembered him. I'm happy. It can't be easy when your own mother doesn't love you. My heart often goes out to the boy. He's the nicest kid you'd ever want to meet. You'd certainly never catch him downtown beating the shit out of innocent people.

I went to the morning meeting. I can't remember a fucking thing that anybody said. I just smiled and nodded like the village retard. I'm wonderful that way.

I taught my classes. They seemed to go OK. The middle school is currently reading a short story by Roald Dahl. He's the same guy who wrote Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. We're starting poetry in high school. The students don't mind verse because the selections are shorter.

Ken spoke to me during last period. He told me that he was going to get a ride from his mother and to leave without him.

I said, "Aren't we going to McDonald's?"

He said, "I'd rather eat octopus."

"Well, there is no way I'm eating that shit. I'll see you at home."

I drove to McDonald's by my lonesome. I had Chicken McNuggets and fries. I felt a little hollow as I ate my vittles. I kept peering at my bruised arms.

I said this to myself: "Maybe I should punch that bitch right in the mouth. How long would the powers that be put me in jail?"

But then I shook it off. It's better just to get the divorce.

I returned to an empty apartment. I watched porno and jerked off. I had an explosive orgasm. It felt great. I should get to China as quickly as possible. Tight young pussy would go a long way to curing my problems.