"Kaitlyn!"

My head snaps towards the castle, a silhouette standing upon the roof, the moon creating a halo around their body.

"Rip its head off!" the voice I soon recognized, says over the screeching, "it won't die unless you rip its head off!"

I don't argue and just do as I was told, my sharp eyes snap to the screeching thing, his friend hovering a few steps away; waiting, watching. I follow along with my body's instinct as I migrate, blurring in and out in a zigzag formation while racing upon the unknown creature; it takes a short amount of time to reach him in the small distance and I'm soon latching onto the creatures back and striking for its throat.

My fangs sink as deep as they can in the hollow of its neck, satisfaction twisting in my belly at the feeling of sinking my teeth into something, flesh tears and rips within my mouth as its blood spills over. It's in hysteric now, the thing's arms swinging and slashing at air as it stumbled on its feet. I don't waste time to yank my head back, tearing a chunk of its flesh from its neck, the sound resembling paper being torn in half.

Pints of blood shoots out from a vein, the sound of its pain, dialing down to gurgles, I perch myself farther up its back with perfect stability while my fingers find the rip in the neck and lodge themselves into the wound.

I don't react when its nails drag along my cheek, a burning sensation rising, with a quick jerk of my wrist; the head soon flies through the air and stopping at the feet of its fellow brethren.

Defying silence caresses my ears, the body below me going slack and tipping forward, I hop from it before it hits the ground. Movement was non-exist for the moment, my eyes tingle with a fuzzy sensation, flickering about. Something takes over my mind as my tongue runs over each fang, my gaze never straying from the second creature that stood opposite of me.

"Next?"

A flurry of events happened all at once. The creature launched itself forward, a hiss passing between my teeth at the same time a figure came barreling down at high speed from above, knocking it to the ground. The thing didn't have time to do anything before it too was beheaded. Grey eyes collide with mine, a sense of familiarity slamming into me when I see it was just Abel— in all his frightening glory— my attention shifts to his hands, the tips of his fingers dripping with blood from the creature.

He looked rough: clothes ruffled and wrinkled, hair disheveled and eyes pulsing like shiny shards of glittering stars in the night, besides everything he looked okay.

"You all right?" he asks, walking towards me, body relaxed as if we weren't surrounded by an unknown species.

I nod, looking around over his shoulder making sure none of the others decide to step forward.

"What are these things," I question when he steps to my side.

"Notte di terrore."

I side-glance him, Abel's eyes dark and alert than his usually perky self, this side was dark, serious and brooding.

His eyes waver about, sweeping over all the bony, hollowed-eyed faces among us. "The true term is Night of Terror," he says, "but we call them night terrors. They're the devil's creation, unknown to all, but to some; we don't know where or when they arrived in this dimension."

"They stayed where they belonged and we never ventured to find out how they're here. . . a random attack." his brows crease downward.

"I think I know why."

The feel of Abel's gaze on me leaves a tingle on the surface of my skin at the awareness but I continue to look ahead, their milky eyes focused on me.

"Victoria—" his scoff is filled with distaste, "—she's the one controlling them. Not too long after you arrived here her and I had a sort of. . . 'talk' and she said they warned me they were coming."

"I'm not following," he comments.

I swallow thickly, "A few months ago, I'm sure you remember, I had a dream about one of these things and voices were speaking to me mainly saying they were 'coming'. . ." I dig my nails into my palms.

"That isn't the first time I had a dream like that," I continue. "I don't think this was a random attack, this has been building up from the time in Italy."

"They're here for something else."

•••
[ unedited ]

I'm sorry for the cliffhangers lately 🤷💜🙏🏽 can't help it and I really don't do it on purpose!

I really don't have much to this, just that I'm really busy and my online class is going well 👌 I didn't get to go trick or treating, mom still says I'm too old when it the activity has no age limit

Oh 🐋!

Hoped you all enjoyed this story and please leave feedback in the comments and on Inkitt (the link can be found in my bio) 😚 this book is truly coming to an end (about sixty chapters or less)

p.s- Abel's eyes are grey because I went back in the beginning and changed them to that