Chapter 49

Lena

One Month Later

"What else do we need?" I asked August as we walked down the isle of the grocery store. 

"Whip cream" He replied.

"Why?" I asked, curious as to why we would need whip cream for something. 

"I got some use for it" He said with a small smirk on his face. Instead of replying I laughed before turning down the isle so we could get him some whip cream. Quickly after that we made our way to the check out so we could head home. 

August had a shift for a couple hours so while he was gone I was having Maria and Hazel over for a little girls lunch. Everyone was constantly busy and I missed my girls. With Maria taking care of my niece and Hazel caring for her newborn, there was hardly time for us to see each other. I understood of course so when the chance came up to hang out I took it immediately. 

As August finished packing his bag I pouted while walking him to the door. I missed my girls, but being away from him was becoming harder and harder. 

"Why you looking like dat'?" He asked, holding back a laugh. 

"I'm gonna miss you"

"I'm gonna be back soon. Enjoy the girls while they here, aight?" He asked. 

"Okay babe. I love you" I replied as I kissed him. 

"I love you more, I'll see you soon" He replied as he left. As soon as he left I got a text saying Maria and Hazel were there so I opened the door for them to come. 

"That timing was way too perfect" I said as I brought each of them into a hug. 

"Yeah I just saw August big head pull out" Hazel replied with a laugh. 

"Don't come for him" I defended, trying to hold back a laugh as well. 

"Oh whatever. So, how have you been sis?" Hazel asked as we all settled on the couch. 

"Good" I smiled, looking at each of them. 

"I know that look" Maria said. 

"What look?"

"You act like I didn't live with you for a couple years sis" She replied. "She getting that dick" She whispered terribly to Hazel. 

"Shut up" I laughed. 

"I see you sis!" Hazel replied, laughing as well. 

"Okay, enough about me. How are y'all doing?" I asked, genuinely wondering. 

"Good" Hazel replied. "Baby is keeping me up all the time but I'm happy. And Trav is good too. He's been helping me out so much, we just work it out so well"

"That is great sis. I'm happy to hear that"

"I have a boyfriend" Maria blurted out. 

"What?" We both asked, looking at her with shocked faces.

"Yeah.. we've been seeing each other for a few months. I've been keeping it secret because I don't know when I should introduce him to everyone. Especially  Melody"