Chapter 44

Omniscient

As Lena looked out of the window she smiled, seeing the rain fall. She knew that because of the bad weather class would be cancelled and she could spend the day in bed with August.

Seeing her phone buzz she saw a notification from one of her professors and just as she suspected, her class was cancelled. She squealed while doing a happy dance before hopping up from her seat.

"Babeeeee" She called as she walked into their bedroom.

"Hmm?" He mumbled, still sleeping in bed. She crawled in with him allowing him to wrap his arm around her.

"Class is cancelled" She told him, smiling.

"Das' good. You stayin in bed wit' me all day?" He asked.

"You already know it" She responded and got comfortable in their large sized bed.

"Good" He mumbled.

A few months had passed so now things were back to normal. October was just starting meaning her birthday was coming up as well as Halloween, her favorite.

Aside from her family drama that she was trying to suppress, life was good. The couple had started a few new habits in order to make their life better. One of the biggest changes was taking up Hazels offer and going to church.

It was a huge change at first for the couple as they found God together and discussed important things together. All in all, it only allowed them to grow more and appreciate all the things they had been taking for granted.

Even through their small troubles Lena continued trying to live her best life with the best husband.

Although she was busy with school at times and he became consumed with his job, trying to make the life easy for them, they still made time for each other as often as possible. They spent their time eating, praying, and just talking about the most random, but deep topics.

As she let August continue sleeping she laid next to him and turned the TV on. He laid on her chest while she became consumed by some cartoon playing. With all of her school work keeping her busy she started to enjoy the simple pleasures of life, such as watching TV.

A few hours had passed and some how she had fallen asleep as well, so now the couple was finally waking up for good.

"I'm gonna run us a bath okay?" She told August as she walked towards their bathroom.

As she allowed the water to heat up she grabbed various oils and crystals she wanted in the room with them. The tub filled up so she poured the oils in and lit a few candles to set the mood.

It was cloudy outside which made it even better for her. The peace she was yearning for was finally setting in as she got comfortable in the tub.

"Aug!" She yelled.

"Huh?"

"Come get in here"

A few seconds later he walked in and smiled at the small set up she had going. He undressed before sitting in there with her.

"How you feeling baybeh" August asked as he watched her trace the water with her fingers.

She relaxed against his chest before responding.

"I'm good. I've realized I can't make her talk to me so I'll just wait til she's ready" She shrugged as she talked about Maria.

He sighed and shook his head, disappointed in how her sister was acting. He figured now would be the best time to bring up catching her with the boy months ago.

"I got something to tell you"

"Hm?" She asked.

"A few months back when Maria was still livin' wit' us, I caught her sneaking some boy out. I ain't think it was a big deal or anything since she promised she wouldn't do it again so I didn't bother telling you. But thinking about it recently made me wonder if she doing all dis' because of a guy"

As she sat and processed the information she sighed.

"I'm not mad. I actually figured it was about some boy. I just hope she's being smart"

He nodded his head in agreement with her.

"How have you been though?" She asked him.

"Good. My ma' coming out next weekend. Me and Trav gone show her around and all dat'."

"Really?" She grinned. After losing her mother, August's mom definitely stepped up to help her. The two had become very close and talked often, so hearing that she was coming in town made her excited.

"Yeah" He laughed a little.

Allowing the news to lift her mood, she decided it was time to get out. They stood up and drained the water before going to the kitchen to find something to eat.

As August cooked them a small meal, Lena went to answer her ringing phone. Once she realized it was Maria she slightly frowned before answering.

"Hello?"

"Lena? Hey, can you talk?"

"Uh, yeah. Whats up?"

"I.. I need to see you in person to talk. Could we meet up?"

"It's raining really bad Maria. Maybe tomorrow" She sighed. She was confused and almost mad about the fact that Maria was calling out of nowhere and asking to meet up.

"Okay" She sighed. "Well tomorrow we can grab lunch. Somewhere small. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, sure" She responded before ending the call. Once she ended it she looked up at August as he waited for her to tell him who it was.

"It was Maria. She wants to get lunch tomorrow"

"Oh" He said, his lips forming an O shape. "Well das' good ain't it?"

"I guess" She shrugged.

He walked around to her side and held her face in his hands, forcing her to look at him.

"If you don't wanna meet wit' her, then don't. Wait til you feel better. Or just hear her out, you never know what was causing her to act like dis' in the first place"

"You're right" She mumbled.

"Aren't I always?" He asked causing her to slap his chest.

"Ow man, I'm playin" He said, rubbing the spot she hit. They continued to eat and enjoy their peaceful day while Lena tried to decide what was best to do.

We can meet tomorrow at 12. Lucy's spot.

As she sent the text she sighed and hoped she was doing the right thing. She loved her sister, but could she trust her anymore?

--

Short lil chapter but there will be a continuation of it in a few days :)

ALSO, I have republished Lost & Found. I fixed and added things so please start it from the beginning and leave some love!

Love you guys and I always appreciate the support.