Chapter 16

Lena

"Alright students, this is your last test for this class so try your best. Go ahead and start" my math teacher instructed us.

I looked down at my test before working out the handful of problems. Math always came easy to me so I wasn't very stressed about this.

All of my classes were finalizing grades before graduation so I was getting more excited. We still had a couple weeks before graduation but I was ready to be finished.

Today was Friday and most kids would be going to prom tonight but me and Aug decided against it.

Instead, we'd be having a date night. And I was ready to be spending quality time with my man.

As the bell rang I gathered all my things before standing up to walk to my next class. Not paying attention to where I was walking I accidentally dropped my things as I bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry I didn't see you there" I said before making eye contact with the person in front of me. Of course it was Hazel.

"Yeah? Well next time watch where your going" she replied with a rude face.

"I apologized Hazel. I really didn't see you there"

"And I really don't care" she replied, rolling her eyes in the process.

"Whatever" I replied before walking around her. I would never understand her hate for me and at this point I didn't care. I had too much going on to care about what she had going on.

I walked to my locker and opened it dropping some books off before walking towards my next class.

The day seemed to drag on until finally it was time for lunch.

As always I was waiting on Aug to sit in our cars. This was a simple tradition we started and just never ended.

"Hey baybeh" he said as he walked towards me.

"Hey babe" I smiled up at him before he grabbed my hand leading us towards the double doors. Once we reached his car we both got in and got comfortable.

"How's yo day goin'?" He questioned.

"Oh it's been alright. Other than Hazel giving me attitude as always. But it's whatever" I shrugged. I was a nice person and wanted people to like me but I wasn't pressed about her.

"Don't even let dat girl bother you Le."

"I won't. So how's your day going?"

"Pretty good. Just ready to see my fam at graduation" he relied. He'd been anticipating seeing his family which made me happy for him. He deserved to have them back in his life and seeing how happy it made him warmed my heart.

"I'm excited to meet them babe. It's going to be great!" I replied with enthusiasm. He laughed a little bit at my reaction.

"You nervous for tomorrow?" He asked.

Tomorrow I'd be meeting with my mother and her daughter for lunch. I was anxious to sit down and talk to them since I had no idea what to expect, but I was trying to stay positive.