Chapter 36

August

"Baybeh! Come in hea'!" I yelled from the bedroom.

"Coming!" she said before opening the door to see me laying on the bed.

I opened my arms for her to lay with me making her laugh a little before jumping in the bed with me.

"I missed you today" I told her. About a month had passed since our trip to Memphis so school was back in session.

"Awe babe. I missed you too, a lot" she said sighing at the end.

"Whats wrong?"

"Its nothing serious...."

"Tell me" I demanded.

"There's just this class and the professor put us with partners and well.." she stopped talking for a second to get her thoughts together I guessed. "I was put with this boy but he kept flirting and I was even wearing my engagement ring"

"He done this before?" I asked feeling my heart beat faster as I waited for her answer.

"No. I just met him today"

"Aight. I'm gonna start taking you to class"

"Okay" she sighed getting comfortable in my arms.

"Niggas just so disrespectful. The fuck is wrong wit dudes?"

"I don't know babe. I just don't know" she mumbled, falling asleep.

While she laid comfortably with soft snores filling the room, my thoughts were running rapid.

I always feared someone coming to take Lena from me, but this engagement was ending that fear I thought. Somehow someone thought she was still up for grabs or some shit.

Was she flirting back with him? Was she really wearing the ring? Who started it?

I sighed as I tried to push the thoughts away. If she wanted to be unfaithful she wouldn't have told me in the first place. I held her a little tighter as I tried to relax as well.

She cuddled into my chest after feeling me move and kissed my chest.

"I love you babe" She reminded me.

"I luh you Le"

After hearing those words come from her lips I calmed down a bit more. I wasn't gonna let it go just yet, but for now I wasn't going to worry about it.

--

"Whea' you think you going?" I asked Lena as she walked out of the bathroom looking more than fine.

"I told you I was getting dinner with Hazel babe"

"Let me just get a few minutes wit you" I said, pulling her hips towards me. She laughed a little trying to push me off her but failed.

"Come on baybeh" I said pulling her on top of me. I flipped us around so I was hovering over her before speaking into her ear. "Let me just get a taste"