Chapter 4

Lena

A few days had passed since the day me and August had hung out and surprisingly we were still talking a lot. Monday we ate lunch together in his car and talked more, which we ended up doing the rest of the week as well. He was a sweet soul and I noticed he didn't have other friends as well. So somehow we connected.

He was easy to talk to and for some reason he made me feel like I could trust him. I just met him but it felt like we had known each other in a past life.

It was now Friday and we were in our last class of the day waiting to leave. I noticed a few things about him that I hadn't before. He seemed really closed off to other people that weren't me. Which isn't strange to me, considering I feel the same way about the people at this school.

The bell had rung so I was packing my things and August was waiting so we could walk out together.

"Hey Lena, whatchu doing tonight maw?" This guy named Dylan asked me.

I looked up with an uninterested look on my face.

"I'm busy tonight Dylan."

"What about tomorrow?" He questioned yet again. He had always been persistent but I knew what he was about. The player type that just wanted to hit it and quit it.

"Busy all weekend." I replied with an eye roll.

"Don't act stuck up Lena. I'm tryna do you a favor." He replied. Obviously his feelings were hurt I didn't wanna hangout with him.

Forgetting that August was standing there listening in on the conversation, I turned around and ran into his chest while he replied for me.

"Aye man, she said she good. Go on."

"Bruh who was even talking to you?" Dylan replied trying to act buck.

"I don't care who you talkin to, you not gonna talk to her like dat. Like I said, go on."

Before the argument could go any further I ended it.

"Dylan, I'm good. August let's go." I said as I grabbed August's hand leading him out of the classroom and to my car.

"Thank you for sticking up for me." I said to August as I leaned against my car.

"Wasn't no problem shawty." He replied.

"Soooo.... I don't work tonight. Wanna come over?" I asked with a small smile.
He smiled back nodding his head.

"Yeah, sounds good"

He got in his car and followed me to my place. As I got out of my car I noticed my dads car in the garage. I lowly cussed before walking towards August who was getting out of his car.

"So my dads here. We can go somewhere else if you want, or you can meet him."

"Nah I'll meet ya ole man. Let's go in." He replied. I was surprised with his action but led him up to the front door anyways. I unlocked it and walked into the kitchen with August following me.

"Dad, I want you to meet my friend, August."
He looked up from his paperwork with a surprised face. I could understand his confusion as I hadn't brought anyone to the house other than Chelsea.