Chapter 43

Lena

Sighing, I tried my best to focus on the task in front of me, but I was failing miserably. Only a week into school and it was becoming hard already.

I was a good student, but it was the stress that always consumed me. I just didn't know how to control it so it always ended up consuming me.

School wasn't the only thing stressing me out though. After a week of reaching out to my sister and still hearing nothing out, I was becoming worried. It felt as if this behavior was coming out of nowhere and it was hurting me more than I thought she could.

It was only two months ago when things were going great between us but it was as if a flip switched. I left for my honey moon and when I came back nothing was the same.

My phone vibrating brought me out of my dangerous as I checked to see who was calling.

"Hey Hazel" I said as I answered her call.

"Goodmorning Le, you busy today?" She asked.

"Other than this homework, nope" I responded, popping the 'P'.

"Well I'm taking you out in a couple hours. So finish that homework and I'll text when I'm on the way"

"I don't know Hazel, I'm really busy-"

"Ah ah, no excuses. I miss you and I'm taking you out. See you in a lil" She said before hanging the phone up. I laughed a little before focusing on finishing this worksheet so I could get ready.

Once I actually put my mind to it I was able to finish faster than I expected. I packed all my things up before going to take a quick shower.

I let the water heat up before going in and instantly feeling relaxed.

I made it quick so I could do my makeup and pick an outfit out. After moving to Atlanta, I felt as if I could really dress the way I wanted. Everyone here dressed exactly how they wanted, not caring about what others thought.

It inspired me and allowed me to do that as well.

As I started my makeup I noticed a text from August, making me smile.

Hubby: I love you, beautiful

I love you more handsome! Wya?

As I waited for his text I looked through my closet picking an outfit. Hearing my phone beep twice I looked down to check it.

Hubby: Picking some stuff up at the grocery store. Wbu?

Hazel: On my way! You better be ready

I laughed before responding to both of them. I grabbed my purse and sat in the kitchen while I waited.

I sighed as I stared at the door of Maria's room. I guess while we were out of town she packed up her things so she wouldn't have to worry about it when we got back.

Now that I thought about it, I wasn't sure how she did that. I knew that my dad and Jalen didn't come out here with her.

Before I could think about it any further, I heard a knock at the door.