"Kaitlyn," I look up at Abel, "you know how strong-willed Maddie is, I have no doubt that she will win the battle against her disease. Have faith."

I continue to look at him, taking his words to heart before blinking. I nod. "You're right, you are right." I smile, "Thank you."

•••

Abel stayed for a little while longer, keeping me company as he played and interacted with Cassius and Adelia, they both seemed to warm up to him— due to his constant funny faces— enough for him to touch them both. Eileesha stopped by the room to come get Abel saying they were both needed for something, with a small kiss to my forehead, Abel left my presence and I was soon left alone with two sleeping babies, I moved back to curling around them as they slept at my side and I too tried to get some shut eye. Not even fifteen minutes later, a knock on the door caused me to groan in irritation.

"Whoever it is, please come back again later," I call out in the direction of the door, not bothering to open my eyes.

When I heard nothing in response, I relax and succumb to sleep that pulled at my conscious that stilled gripped at reality, the sound of the door opening made my eyes snap wide. Delano walks through the threshold, his eyes immediately sought us out, never straying from mine when we connect as he shuts the door behind him. A few moments of silence was all I needed to get over the slight shock before I spoke.

"What are you doing here?"

His gaze slid toward the twins, the intensity in his eyes dulling to a soft glow, and at that moment Queen Elizabeth's words decide to play in my head.

He ignores my question, though, and ventures further into the room, taking a look around as if it was his first time in this part— which, technically, it was. "How was the visit from my mother?" he asks.

I lay my head on my arm, using it to prop it up to gaze at him better, "It was good," I say, my fingers playing with my hair. "She told me a few things."

His fingers stop their trail on top of the dresser, those blue eyes glowing in the dark as they look at me, "What things?" he questions, failing at keeping his curiosity at bay.

He was like a child trying to peep on their parents as they spoke about him behind his back, wondering what they said and if their words would affect him.

"You know, this and that, and a little bit of this." I twirl my wrist that was laying on my hip, stroking Adelia's leg.

I felt him inch closer, my gaze locked on my finger that ran up and down Adelia's leg.

"Oh! And a bit of information about beloveds." I added as if I forgot, my hand moving to rub Adelia's back as she stirred.

His presence inched closer until he was hovering at the end of the bed, I flicked my gaze toward him, his eyes having afar away look in them, his face contorted into a small grimace.

"What did she tell you?" he questions, the fog clearing from his eyes as he gazes at me.

I run my eyes over his face, "Well, aren't you curious."

He glowers at me. "Kaitlyn. ."

My heart skipped at the way my name left his lips in a small growl, those blue eyes darkening as he blurred to my side, everything still in place even from the lightning-fast movement. Taunting him with information he didn't have made me feel a bit powerful as a smile slips across my lips.

I shrug, "What? You have nothing to worry about, it's not like she told me about me being your beloved."

Everything froze, his breathing stopped and his heart seemed to slow down to two beats every minute the tension rolling off him in thick waves; almost like a tsunami. I widen my eyes to fake surprise as I covered my mouth with my hand.