E P I S O D E - 59

"Episode 59 - Night vision goggles."    

I stood up so quickly, that I stumbled backwards. Ross caught me, steadying me on my feet. The edges of my vision appeared darker. Feeling light headed, I planted my palms against the wall behind the couch.

"Elena." I whispered, needing to get to her at any cost. I'd been away from her for long enough.

"Here." Ross hooked one of my arm over his shoulder, almost carrying me out of the door and towards where she was still sleeping. Linda helped me too.

"He just needs to sit down for a bit." Linda said. She opened the door of the O.R, my eyes landed on Elena immediately. Detangling myself from them, I went to her. Using the table as a leverage, I found my footing.

My heart dropped when I saw her eyes flutter, like the wings of a baby bird, trying to lift off for the first time. Someone placed the stool against the back of my knee. Dropping down, I gently placed my palm on her face, stroking her cheek with my thumb.

"Elena?" My voice shook without care. She moaned, turning her head. "Baby, you're awake. Oh, thank God."

"Mmm." She tried to move her arm but I stopped her.

"Just relax okay, don't move at all. I'm right here." I kept caressing her face, stroking her hair.

"Ask her about the pain." Linda urged from behind me.

"Are you hurting?" I brushed the damp hair back from her forehead. She shook her head, her dark brown eyes finally focused on me. The recognition on her face soothed my soul.

"What's..." Her dry throat barely made any noise.

"I'll get her some water." Linda left again, leaving Ross on the other side of the table. Her head slowly turned. She'd never met him before but she didn't startle or question him. She trusted me so fully that she knew I'd never let anyone who I didn't trust anywhere near her.

"This is Nathan Ross." I spoke against her ear.

"Mhmm!" She nodded.

"Hi." He smiled at her, a full blown one showing off his pearly white teeth. "How are you doing?" Linda came back in with a white plastic cup filled with some water. Hoisting her head up, I helped her to take a couple of sips. I didn't remove my hand when she was done, trying to make it slightly easier for her.

"Thank you." She told him, trying to move her hand with the Plasma I.V. drip attacked to it. He extended his hand under her. "You've been looking for me?"

He looked almost stricken, like someone had shoved him back. His whole face reddened, clearing the frog out of his throat, he patted her shoulder with his other hand. "I wish I could have done more."

"It's okay."

"No, it's not. We should have done something to get you out of there." He appeared fumed. Shaking his head, he carried. "Anyways, I heard that your father is alive?"

"Apparently. I don't care about that right now." Even though she had regained some colour her in her cheeks, she still looked sickly. "I just want to get away now."

"You will. Just relax now." His eyes went to the bloody sheets she was covered with. "I'll go, try and find you guys some clothes."

His boots stamped against the hard-concrete floor as he walked away. Linda replaced his place.

"Hey sweetheart, lay still okay. I managed to get the bullet out and sew it back it but I haven't checked for any internal damages. I did, however, take some scans. I haven't looked at it yet because you started to wake up." She explained.