E P I S O D E - 24

"Episode 24- Secrets might kill you."

Sofia Catalan had soft rounded features. Dark eyes, long black hair, plumped lips and deep tanned skin Sofia stood with her hand in the crook of Alberto's elbow. 

The had a huge smile on his face, just like Sofia. He had brown eyes and short hair made him appear fit and handsome in a black tux.

The at the bottom stated it was taken in 1994. The baby bump made Sofia's skin glow.

1994.

I tried to remember where I saw that. I started flicking through the manila files I had in my drawers. Suddenly, Elena's age came to my mind. I quickly found her file and I was right. 

She was also born in 1994 but the birth certificate said 4th of august whereas the hospital report of Lucia's birth said 23rd of April.

"Fuck."

My lungs deflated like a popped balloon. My arms raised and fingers locked behind my head. I was jumping into conclusions. Scratching my chest, I tried to relieve the pressure that gripped my lungs, knocking the breath out of me. 

Opening the last document sitting on the file, I read the oversized bold letter that I guessed Ross personally wrote himself.

"A while back, I illegally obtained the whole Capone family's DNA just in case I could connect at least one of them to a crime scene, even if it got thrown out of the court, at least I would know that he or she was there. 

Elena's DNA was so far away from the whole Capone's family, that she couldn't even be a distant cousin. But, my team did get a DNA hit and hers matched with every single one from the Catalan family that died in the fire."

The room spun around me. I heard my own heart beat in my ears.

Elena.

Her name was a soft sigh that left my mouth involuntarily. Gulping down I carried on reading.

"Considering what you asked me, I'm guessing you're infatuated by her. So, I'll tell you know what I've concluded. Alberto and Sofia, including other family members were murdered by the Capones. 

I don't know why they kept her alive because most of her family members are presumed dead and the ones that are running the empire now were enforcers that remained in Mexico who aren't big players in the game. 

Lucia was the only daughter in the whole Catalan family. All her cousins were male and everyone adored her. She is probably the only original Catalan left alive."

I rubbed forehead, left the headache that pounded against my temples.

"Be careful. I can't do anything legally because everything I have I got illegally. Once a seal, always a seal. Don't get sucked into this world. It's not who we are. Be careful.
Nathan Ross."

I covered my face with my hands. Oh, Elena. I wanted to contact Ross again but I used a disposable cell phone the last time I contacted to him for the meet in China town. 

At first I had thought it was down town but I had to quickly change that once we were in the cab and headed there. 

When Elena was staring out the window, marvelling at everything that the world offered, I sent him a quick text to meet me at the fountain before I disposed the cell.