E P I S O D E - 26

"Episode 26 - Assassinations are fun."    

Jonathon Smith, the reason behind why my friends died in Russia on my last mission was finally, before my eyes. His apartment was in the Monsure building, owned by one of Capone's rivals. We decided to park behind a club close to the building where there was a blind spot.

"We should get some Pizza and stroll around the city, make it look like we were out and about. I can give you a 10 minutes' window to get in and get out, join me back at the place right before we both pop up on any time of CCTV camera again." Jake suggested. It was a good idea but I didn't much care for how the detectives figuring shit out.

"There would be no body, I just need him outside. I need the cameras to capture him walking out and never coming back. Plus, the club camera would pick up me going in and coming out." Our plan was simple. Use the club as an alibi in case anyone came knocking at our door. I twirled my phone in my hand, when I touched the home button, it opened up to Elena's image.

"WOAH!" Jake exclaimed. Quickly turning the phone, I glared at him. "Does she know?" Realising that he had no clue about our relationship, I simply nodded my head. "ARE YOU CRAZY?" His outburst startled me. "What if she tells her dad."

"She won't." I shook my head.

"HOW. WHY." He looked like his blood pressure was rising, the vein on his forehead was about to pop.

"She just won't. Now, I need you get him out of the damn pent house." I ordered.

"Fine." He started typing on his laptop. "If she fucks us over, I'll be blaming everything on you."

Ignoring his snarky remakes, I stared at the screen where an iPhone text box popped up. I refrained from asking him about what he was doing. 

We were in Jake's personal car, a Porsche that he treated like his baby. He had tree laptops that he was using, two of them opened and ready on the back seats and the other on his lap.

"O-K." He smacked the enter key with his finger and smiled.

"So, I just texted him, asking him to meet me outside the building."

"Why would he wan'na meet you?" I sighed.

"Not me." He angled the screen towards me. "Her." A woman with bright blonde hair and baby blue eyes posing on her knees in a skimpy high school student outfit. 

Knee high red socks, red and brown checked skirt with folds and a white shirt that barely covered her fake boobs. Even her two ponytails looked fake. I rolled my eyes.

"Who is she?" I looked at him.

"His mistress." Of course, men of his calibre would of course have mistresses lying around.

"What makes you think he'd come?"

"I said I'm pregnant." He paused. "I mean she's pregnant, not me. I can't get pregnant of course, but-"

"Shut up." He had a habit of doing that. Just babbling on about things when he was nervous. Right now, I could by the way he was twitching he was shitting his pants. Hopefully, figuratively.

We didn't wait in the line, just walked up to the bouncer and handed him a wad of cash. He obliged immediately, letting us through. I hadn't been inside a club since I shattered my knee. The neon lights hurt my eyes. It was dark but at the same time so bright, I hated it. The noise was overbearing. It wasn't music really, just some auto tuned sounds put together without any feeling behind it.

We ordered a couple of shots, I took one and gave the other to Jake. I needed to get to the bathroom, sneak out from the back. I had memorised the layout of the club and there was a camera up ahead where the men's bathrooms were so I had to wait a minute.