E P I S O D E - 23

"Episode 23 -  Truth cannot be hidden."  

"Okay, I'm done." I waited until she was satisfied. "I want a picture of us."

"I don't take pictures." I hated them. I hated looking at myself.

"I want one of us." She sat down on one of my thigh with her legs swinging in the middle. My hands were all over her back and thighs. 

I didn't care if Capone knew. I didn't care if the whole world knew. She lifted the camera to take a selfie and I hid the scared side of my face behind her hair. My lips pressed against her shoulder.

"BABE, come on." She wiggled her ass closer to my crotch and gritted my teeth. I was desperately attracted to her and one signal from her made me hard with need. When she got a good angle, she quickly snapped it and saved it.

She looked happy in that picture and so did I, even if my face wasn't fully visible. I hugged her tightly before getting up with her in my arms. There were many tourists here and we blended in just right.

"We need to get going. Do some shopping before we get back." Her face fell completely.

"Let's not Gabriel." When I let her down, she looked up at me with eyes that tore at my soul. "Let's run away. Let's forget leave everything behind and let's go." She leaned into me, my arms wounded itself around her small frame.

I rested my head on her forehead. "I wish baby, I have so much more I need to do before I establish myself again. I'll take care of you. I might be like your father but I'll make it." I heard her suck in her breath. The disappointment on her face made me hate myself.

"You're right." She tried to shake it off, plastering on fake smile.

"Hey, look at me." I grabbed her face and made her look up at me. "What is it? Tell me."

Her eyes fogged, determination gripped her frown. "No, no, you're right. I just... never mind. I guess I wanted to travel." She hid it well but I saw through her façade. "Come on."

She put on a huge smile and dragged me along with her. Feeling conflicted, I followed her. I wanted to run away with her but I couldn't support her lavish lifestyle. I wanted give her everything and I had nothing yet. 

The money in my bank account was given by her father and even though it was mine to use, I couldn't just withdraw it and take her with. I hired him the best trackers, they would find me anywhere.

Feeling trapped, I tried to focus on her. That's the only thing I found myself doing these days. When I turned my head, I found Ross walking away trying with a disgusted look on his face while he tried to get the gum off his fingers. A childish laughter bubbled inside of me but I locked it inside like I had for many years.

I was having fun. Unadulterated joy that I hadn't felt since my parents were alive. The numbness I lived with for so long, the darkness that weighed me down, lifted every time she was around me.

 Her voice soothed my nightmares and her touch started to heal me. Gulping the big ball of emotions down, I let myself feel for her.

The darkness was still there. It was a part of me that I tried to hide from her but I've become the darkness. The long years of sufferings, the weight of the world had broken me down and I built myself up to be something that couldn't be wrecked again.

But she had the power. Her pretty smile, dark eyes and fighter's spirit encouraged me to push myself to become a better person. To become someone who she deserves to be with.

By the time we got home it was dark outside and I used my phone to disable the cameras outside the back entrance. When we were through, I guided her through the garage and every time we passed a camera, I turned it back on.