E P I S O D E - 2

"Episode 2 - Cold blooded killer."  

I waited and counted my heart beat and their footsteps. There were three of them. Black dress shoes peeked through and a head with black hair appeared. 

The only thing I felt was the first recoil of the bullet and then a second one. The silencer absorbed the loud sound the gun would have made.

The bullet tore through the closed air with speed that's invisible to human eyes and broke in to the skulls. It gathered up soft brain matter and shattered through the other before embedding themselves in the back wall.

Two bullets. Two bodies.

"FUCK." The third perpetrator quickly hit behind the concrete wall like mine at the edge of the hall way. Damon came out just in time to find two bodies land on ground with a loud thud. Blood poured out of one's forehead and one's temple.

My soul felt whole again at the sight of blood. I was a killer and I was not ashamed of it. I knew no one would understand me so I didn't explain myself to them. I didn't need to.

Crouching down on my knees, I kept my hands stretched. I heard him speak in Russian, probably over their own intercom. I finally allowed the Captain screaming in my ear to fully register.

"Two down, one to go." I whispered into my writs.

"FOR FUCK SAKE WOLF. WE. ARE. ON OUR WAY." He was pissed but I couldn't let him distract me. If I was one semi second too late to reposition the gun, there would have been one dead body instead of two.

The Russian sore and turned to fired one round before Damon capped him in his arm and he screamed, dropping the gun. We both ran towards him, Damon quickly kicked his gun out of reach and pointed his own to the guy's head.

"Give me a reason." Damon might have a playboy personality but he was good at his job.

He swore in Russian, clutching his wounds with his ass planted to the floor. I made sure the hallways were clear before stepping over the bodies to get to the elevator that was moving. Lifting my wrist piece again I spoke into it.

"Cap, are you on the elevator."

"YES. Don't shoot you son of a bitch." I'd heard worse. I waited on high alert, making sure the stairway were empty too.

 The elevator dinged, doors opened to reveal Julian, Asher and Braxton. Julian's angry eyes landed on the wall that had brain matter clinging to it, crimson splatter that tainted the white and gold design.

I sighed, feeling the high coming off. At one point in my life, I tried to used girls to reach that peak and after my retirement, some recreational drugs mixed with alcohol but nothing worked. 

Nothing sufficed that thrust of tranquillity, so I didn't even try anymore. Only a kill could get me there, the thrill of being shot, the smell of blood, the feeling of success.

"What the fuck is WRONG with you." Julian couldn't let the past go. He was a lieutenant and he still thought of himself that way and we were his soldiers.

"No one knew the pass code to this floor other than us for tonight. We changed it ourselves. Even the security guards didn't know. Considering you were all at your posts, there was only one other option." I explained.

As a SEAL, we were not only trained physically but mentally too. We had to think twice as fast, forming solid assumptions from the evidence around us. I concluded that they were intruders and sometimes, you just had to go with your gut. But from the Cap's expression, he had other ideas.