E P I S O D E - 35

"Episode 35 - Painful secrets."    

When weekend rolled around, the whole west wing was getting ready to head to the Hamptons. A country club and beach resort owner had invited Capone to give him a first-class treatment of what the New Heights life had on offer. If everything went according to plan, Capone would be investing on a chain of clubs and resorts that Mr. Bowmen wanted to open up in Miami, Florida and Malibu.

Not only that, Capone would be in a 30% partnership. When I took the job for him, I anticipated about these type of business meetings that I wanted to join to gain experience. Unlike now.

I wasn't going.

"Of course you aren't" I used the sniper breathing technique to slow my heart rate down.

"You have an unofficial meeting with J.D. on Saturday afternoon. You got your personal assistant to ask me to take that meeting? Not only that, you wanted me to boost the security in your Office Building, because you'll start renting out the floors and going there on a daily basis because Dex is back now." He looks at his assistance. The poor woman with rectangular glasses in beige pencil skirt, nodded. Her tight blond bun at the nape of her neck didn't move one inch. I honestly didn't know what she was doing as his secretary but he had a different one a week that Jeremiah had to vet before they started working under Capone.

"Oh, right." Capone, once again, filled a glass with alcohol before chugging it down like water. Of course, he didn't remember shit.

Shaking my head, I left the west wing.

I found Elena in my room that evening. The fact that we only spent out time together inside irked me. I wanted to go out with her, show the world that she belonged to me. But with the circumstances around us, I couldn't risk taking her out.

Someone would blab.

I had contacted Nathan Ross already, telling him I wanted the fuck out. With Elena. Not only that I started to drain the damn bank account, started to hide the small amounts around Jakes apartment, my secret compartment.

Now that most of the people were gone, I had a whole weekend to persuade her to come with me, to open to me.

"Gabe, are you okay?" The concern on her face hit me to my core. She stood, making her way towards me. "You look exhausted. You're starting to worry me." I kept my eyes on her. Contemplating about telling her the truth. I had infiltrated the most brutal enemy territory with no fear what so ever but telling her about her parents, scared the fuck out of me. I couldn't lose her. I couldn't have her hate me and not come with me.

Instead I went with something that was familiar to both of us. Something that connected us in a spiritual. I picked her up by her hips and took her to bed. My body felt alive when my skin finally made contact with hers. It always did and I wandered if it'd ever stop.

After what felt like hours, we found ourselves tangled in one another, with just silence surrounding us. Silence that we both hated but at that moment, it was welcoming.

I thought back to my life before her, before Navy and I wasn't assailed with pain or helplessness.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Life before I was adopted."

"You were adopted." Shocked, she raised her self on to elbow. "You said you were in foster care." Her other hand rested on my chest.

I sighed defeatedly, staring up at the ceiling.

Flashback.