E P I S O D E - 16

"Episode 16 - Survival of the fittest." 

Even though my head was down, I kept adverting my eyes to Capone and Alvarzo. He was a tall, fit man with salt and pepper hair and a clean face. I picked up the thin manila folder I had on him and every other person that came in or was about to and started reading.

He was another one of those rich kids who inherited their father's company. Three arrests records but no convictions. Feds managed to close in on him for tax fraud but he beat that, including a murder rep. 

A hit and run where he stated that he wasn't driving and that the car was stolen from their garage. Some of his friends alibied him out and the poor woman who died never got any justice.

The husband tried to sue him and submitted many complaints to the police but they did nothing. She left two kids behind who were under the age of five. A sick churning in my stomach reached my throat. I had to clenched my teeth together from saying something or doing something that I might regret. Her name vibrated on my phone.

Elena: I'm mad as hell you left me in bed alone. It's not every day I sleep with a man without fucking.

My mouth lifted to one side.

Me: I'll fuck you when I get back. Long and deep. You won't be able to walk tomorrow.

It was a promise.

"I DON'T GIVE A DAMN." Alvarzo jumped up, slamming a palm down on the table. Capone stood too.

"YOU GOT PEOPLE COMING AFTER ME." He shot back.

Suddenly gun fire erupted and I immediately pulled out my gun. I jogged to the other side then stopped. Something about the scene didn't seem right. Instead I turned and pulled my gun at Alvarzo.

"What's up man." I patronised him. "It's ironic to have people pulling triggers right when you came in. Don't you think?"

His eyes turned dark and his hand went straight to his back. I knew that move so I pulled. Twice. He convulsed back like he was kicked in the chest and went down with a thud. Blood gurgled in his mouth, the gun laid inches away from his fingertips. His white shirt absorbed the blood, the diameter getting bigger and bigger. The smell of zinc hit my nostrils and I salivated on it.

"Now how did you get that past security?" He was gasping for breath and I stood over him with a gun over his crimson chest.

The gun battle was still active but with the crew outside, I knew we were perfectly safe. Taking out my phone I dialled 911, ignoring her messages. I wanted to take a picture and send it to her but I didn't want to show her my sadistic side yet.

"I'd like to report a shooting at Capone Enterprise." I cut the call and turned to a very shaken Capone. "You need to call the police commissioner or the mayor or whoever your friends are. Personally. This is self-defence anyways so it should blow over quickly but I need you to put pressure on them." I ordered Capone and holstered my weapon.

"You're ordering me?" He paused, annoyed with himself and me.

"I'm telling you what to do so the feds don't come knocking at your door and dig out whatever you need to hide." I was not in the mood for his crap. There was a difference between businessman mob boss who inherited their riches and the ones who worked their way up from nothing. Capone was used to people doing his dirty work for him where as those people, people like me, we worked, killed and ran to get to their spot.

"Don't speak to me like that."

"I just saved you, didn't I? Now you need to protect yourself Boss." I winked at him, insinuating that if I went down, I'll take him down with me. Rolling his eyes, he picked up his own phone and searched through his list before finally hitting the call button.