E P I S O D E - 52

"Episode 52 - Us versus the world."

I quickly grabbed her, putting her in front of me. "Go left." I told her, making sure to keep an eye one if he was catching up behind me. I paused suddenly pushing her to carry no when his head popped up again. Using my glock, I aimed once, fired once and all I heard was a thud.

"Dyamn." She actually paused right around the corner from the room with the window connected to the other building. She looked impressed then she quickly turned and entered but didn't get any further.

"FUCK." There was broken glass everywhere. I picked her up, slinging my gun behind me. The shards crunched under my boots as I neared the window. Her arms were wrapped around my neck, eyes so focus on me I could feel the weight of her trust.

Suddenly she spurted in action with a gasp. Grabbing my holstered gun, she pointed it behind me and kept shooting at someone behind me. "Hurry, that just one."

"Climb over." My heart hammered while I waited for her to put her foot on the pane of the other window. I could hear footsteps coming along the hall way. For a split second, I looked at her, holding on to the gun, trying to brag on to the sides of the window to get herself in as quickly as possible.

Time paused, everything around me slowed. If I died at that moment, knowing she could go free I would have died happily.

"DUCK." She was up on her feet, aiming the gun behind me with a crazed look in her eyes.

I dropped, turning I watched at the bullets burry into the bald man's chest. Using my semi auto, I fired taking out whoever was behind him. I ran to the corner, changed the magazine of the gun and waited for the footsteps to get closer. Without revealing myself I exposed the tip of the gun and sprayed the whole corridor.

After a couple of seconds, I dashed out the window and landed nearly on top of her.

"Grab the bags." I flung the crates.

She didn't waste a second. We were running and swerving around the rooms while she adjusted the bag around her shoulder just like me. When the bullets started nearing us again, I took out one of the grenades from my pockets and flung it at their direction while we flew down the stairs.

"Babe, hold on." I covered her body, even though we were a floor below.

"AHH!" I heard a couple of screams before the ground and building around me shook again.

"Go." We started moving again and dropped another bomb on the stairwell downstairs cutting away their access. "Come on." I finally grabbed her hand again, guiding her towards the back ends of the building that lead to an open road.

I heard her hiss under her breath but she didn't slow down. She was fucking running through probably crack needles, random broken beer bottles and cans, bare foot. We neared the fire exit and luckily, the windows were just empty wholes void of any glass.

"Go." I guided her out first and followed suit. "Hold on to me." I unlocked the folded ladder while I was on the step. The steel ladder slid down one by one until it hit the ground. There was no one there and I made a split-second decision to drag her with me across the dark road until we entered the building opposite us. The whole building was over flooded with hoarders, junkies and barrels with burning fire for warmth and light.

The fact that two bombs went off and these people were still inside without a care meant that they've seen worse here. We hadn't even heard the police sirens yet. Nevertheless, we kept moving until we burst through the back door, to end up on a street that was still dark. There were no cars and the once I brought, I blew up.