E P I S O D E - 13

"Episode 13- Painful nightmares "    

"So you're trying to tell me that, THAT BITCH I paid IS COMING AFTER ME?" Capone's voice boomed through his office. The mahogany desk, tables and shelves vibrated. He threw his tumbler against the concrete wall, shattering in pieces.

"She obviously has more than one person backing her. She mentioned that it was her city or that you don't belong in the city and I think people with power in this city wants you gone. She's just a front." I explained.

"Where's the BITCH with the camera?"

"Jake hacked into the city surveillance, we found her boarding a private plane to Mexico." He opened his mouth but I kept talking. "The plane was in Malone's name."

"Malone?" He was here last night. "The man who owns half this city, THAT Malone?" I nodded in confirmation.

The silver chain around my neck burned. The dog tag I got while protecting the country was contradicting against everything I was doing. Then I thought about the men who died protecting it and why. The visual of them gargling blood with blown off limbs rolled in my mind like a b-movie.

"He was in my HOUSE last night." No shit Sherlock.

"Yup but he wasn't in the real meeting so that's a good start. He doesn't know that you know but he's not stupid. He'll find out." Only his desk lamp illuminated the dark room. Capone paced up and down the length of the room, hands on his bare hips. At least he put some pants on.

"Okay..." He nodded, breathing heavily. "Did we get anything else?"

"Nope, the whole place came up clean. Are you still going to the city tomorrow? I'll need to boost the protection."

"Actually I was meeting the guys he recommended. I guess you can cancel that now." He scoffed scratching his semi bold head. "Do you want something to drink?" He got himself a new tumbler and filled it half way with some more brown liquor.

"No thanks boss. I still have some things I need to take care of." I started to back away with hands in my pockets.

"Yeah, yeah." I was nearly out of the door when his voice stopped me. "You're doing a good job."

I walked out not wanting his approval. When I told him about what Madam La'Laurie accused him of, he didn't deny it. He drove right past that to where his "friends" might be betraying him. I guess I just had to add another name to my list. I shivered in disgust and made my way to my room. Everything was so quiet it made my mind scream out.

Popping my neck from side to side, I shoved my key in the whole to find it open already. My hand immediately reached for my gun. The slight gap between the door and the wall spilled soft yellow light outside, illuminating the dark corridor.

A sweet floral smell floated through and I relaxed, holstering my weapon. It felt like a déjà vu again but this time she was in my room, under the covers with the bed side lamp on. She'd placed it on the floor preventing the light from hitting her face. I locked the door behind me and checked my old watch.

11:24.

Something deep inside me twisted that I couldn't decipher. I unclothed, one article at a time. Instead of going to her, I entered my bathroom for a quick shower. Her soft skin floated through my mind and my hand went for dick. I'd never lusted after someone so badly, so desperately that it played tricks on my mind.

Back in the day, when I'd meet a girl at the bar, I'd be attracted to her purely on her looks, just like Elena. But usually one hit would be enough and I won't even remember her face let alone her name.