E P I S O D E - 46

"Episode 46 - Why did I turn out to be crazy."  

"Sometimes." I shrugged. Moving towards, she put her kind hands on my tattered skin.

"What do you mean Gabe?" She rested her head against the floral headboard.

"Some of us, we get high from the adrenaline and no matter how many times we say oh, this is the last time, it never is." I tried to explain. "So many have lost their family because they just couldn't let the life go. Some gets lucky and gets out but me or my team mates, we knew that deep down, we all knew the only way we'd leave is by a bullet."

Her gaze softened, looking almost sympathetic. That's the last thing I had expected her to be.

"Why is that?" She honestly wanted to know without any judgement.

"I guess some of us are just crazy." A nostalgic smile touched my lips. "Some of us get so deep into it, we can't adjust to the normal life here. I certainly couldn't that's why I joined Joel's private security team. I thought he'd have jobs overseas or something but Capone came along. Money was good both ways so why not."

"You were done doing good for the country and you wanted back what they took?"

I stared at her, amazed at the fact words that she spoke. She understood me and I couldn't wait any longer. I drove in for a kiss. She pushed forward her tongue and I swiped mine across her. The electricity that shot through my body ignited a fire within me. The desire and obsession for her always there, simmering under my skin.

I pulled away quickly, needing to tell her the truth. My hand remained in her hair, forehead rested against hers while out breath mingled between us. My heart was pounding so loud in my chest, I feared that she could hear it.

"I'm a killer Elena. I tortured a lot of people. I may have killed innocent people and chalked up to collateral damage but that's who I am. When we leave, I need you to know that I'll have to do things to make sure you survive. I don't want you to get scared because I'd rather die before that."

She jumped into my arms, engulfing me in a tight passionate hug. Feeling her heart beat against my chest.

"You still don't know everything about me Gabe. I hope you don't regret when you see the real me." She buried her face in my neck and whispered in a solemn voice.

"Never." I promised. "You're my obsession Elena, how can quit you?" My throat tingled, chest tightened with an unknown feeling. I'd never experienced it before in my life. The moisture in my eyes seemed absolutely ludicrous because I wasn't sad. When I was young, I'd cry because I beaten or missed my parents but this is didn't understand.

This over whelming feeling nearly chocked the life out of me. She on the other hand, sniffed and I wished I could reach inside and know feel what she was feeling. I couldn't stand it when she was upset.

"I'm sorry if I upset you." I stroked her pretty hair, inhaling her floral scene that I was obsessed with.

"No, it's not you." She leaned back bringing her face in front of me. I could see her trying to mask the pain with a small smile and I hated it.

"Then what is it?" I kept running my hands up and down her body.

"The fact that I can finally think about a future without wanting to die is exhilarating." I gulped, tightening my hands around her arms, a reflex to make sure she didn't slip away into thin air.

I sighed, bringing her closer to place a kiss on her forehead and speak with my lips brushing her hair line. "No one is going to hurt you ever again." I wounded my arms around her until, pulling her in against my chest. She rested her head against my shoulder, nestled her nose against my neck.