E P I S O D E - 44

"Episode 44 - Life after."      

Ross: I can get you set up in Oregon.

Me: Done. What do you want?

Ross: Get me some evidence on Jude's criminal part or on Mason Capone.

Me: Done.

Ross: Good luck.

Me: I'm going to get rid of this. I'll contact you when I can.

After a long day of anticipating, Oliver finally left and Jake replaced him. I packed a small bag with my belongings, I headed for the door that currently belonged to Elena. The door flew open within seconds of my knocking. Her beautiful face greeted me. She pulled me in quickly making sure no one else saw. I had locked my door and asked Jake to let me know if anyone was knocking on my door.

I'd have to figure something out but I'd at keep up the illusion that Elena and I weren't together anymore.

"Oh, Gabriel, you look so tired. Didn't you sleep at all for the past couple of days?" She pulled me down, ran her hands down my face and hair. My inner turmoil settled to somewhat of a degree.

"Capone literally can't run a business. I've been doing that and security, I'm just exhausted." I allowed her to drag me to the only sofa in front of the window. There were a couple of bowls, plates and cutlery on the coffee table. The sofa wasn't a plush couch but a Victorian looking chaise couch which wasn't very comfortable.

"Why don't you shower? Then we both can eat? I got Jamie to get us some Thai food." She suggested. I couldn't help but stare at her. She looked tired herself, both of us waiting to get out.

"You know if I wanted, I could sneak you out right now. We could keep running until they get to us." I offered her the option but I knew for certain that we'd be found within 24 hours. I hired the best trackers myself and knew their talents. 

"Without the fake I.D.s or sometime for appearance change, we would be like sitting ducks surrounded by hunters. "You know what, Ross got back to me and even if he didn't, we somehow managed to get out I.D.s I would have taken you with me so quickly."

"How many did you order to be made?"

"12. Just in case you know." Standing, I stretched to have her soft hand find its way up my t-shirt, giving my back a gentle rub. Her touches were always welcomed, sexual or not. I lived for them.

After I got out of the shower, I was only in my boxers while she was wearing a simple off the shoulder dress that reached her thigh. The deep beige colour suited her skin so perfectly, I wanted to fuck her in it. I wondered if she was wearing any panties.

"Can I ask you a question?" I started off with the tom-yum soup.

"Yes." She went for the pad thai.

"I didn't know you were close to Capone's mother?"

"She was always sick since... as long as I can remember. She always let me hide in her room or her closet, away from Jude. She used to put up a fight with Jude before but the sicker she got or when she had to stay overnight at the hospital, she knew what would happen but couldn't stop it because the men worked for the brothers not her anymore. Once Their father died, she didn't really have any power." She shrugged like it was no big deal. When, in reality, it was a huge fucking deal. The bitch could have called the damn police. She could have killed the bastard considering she was dying anyways.

"She told me she wished she could have done more." I contradicted her.

"Honestly, she was the only person who wasn't hurting me so I didn't care if she wasn't going to the cops or not." She carried on eating without giving her abuse a second thought. She compartmentalised her trauma or otherwise I doubt we'd be sitting here, eating dinner.