E P I S O D E - 34

"Episode 34 - You're too big."        

Dex had been living in mansion for the last two weeks. The whole security team had been divided in two. The east wing and the west wing. I spent a lot of time delegating between them and even more with Elena. I could still feel anger simmer under her skin every time I touched her.

Not only was she improving rapidly at training, she was pushing me to teach her advanced offence moves instead of just defence. She surprised me a couple of days ago when she flipped my whole-body weight on the floor when I was teaching her how to destabilise someone who attacks form the back.

It was the first time I'd seen her smile. A smile so careless and free it made my heart ache. The next day she took a break for the first time since Dex had waltzed back into her life. "You broke my bag." That's what she had said to me when I woke up next to her.

Sleeping in her was becoming another routine of mine. It was a dangerous choice I made but I didn't want to take any chances. I didn't even want the damn job anymore. Shaking myself out of my thoughts I concentrated on the present. Where Elena was stomping around the kitchen again. It was Lasagne this time and it smelled divine.

"Do you need any help?" I asked for the third time.

"Erm, you can get the plates and cutlery out?"

Jumping into action, I set everything up on the island. I couldn't help but reach and run my hand down her hair that was growing out to her hips. Giving me a sweet smile she checked the oven before sighing loudly.

I found myself behind her, wrapping my arms around her body.

"I've waited for more than two week for you to open up to me. Please, talk to me. I can't stand to see you like this." Dropping a kiss on top of her head.

"I just feel so trapped." Even though she didn't tell me why, I knew the reason. "Daniella was always kind to me. Mom, I mean." She sighed once again.

"Please explain to me what happened."

"Dex was Laurence Capone's right hand man. He took care of the business while the bastard brothers partied. I once overheard Dex speaking to Laurence about being in the Serbian army. He faked his name and nationality to seek political asylum into USA." My stomach dropped. I remembered hearing about the Bosnian war in the NAVY from one of my sergeants.

He told me about sex camps with Bosnian women, violent murders of infant kinds and the mass graves of innocent men. If Dex was one of them, he must have escaped when the UN responded with counter attack. The war was messy and confusing to me but that's all war. The only thing mattered was that innocent people died and a man who should have tried for war criminal is now living under this room.

"Capone didn't care about it. It just made meant the brother had a ruthless killer on their side too. I told this to Daniella and she finally had enough. We packed light and escaped in the middle of the night. Dex's men hunted us down.

"Their aim was extraction for me and to kill her. They didn't need to waste bullet when they saw the car had flipped over and it was going to blow. So, they pulled me out and watched her get burned alive when the car blew up."

"I won't let that happen to. I was trained not to." I swayed from side to side, with her in my arms trying to calm her.

We ate together downstairs. The men were just outside of the lounge and Jamie was the closest. I knew he heard everything but didn't move a single muscle. Dinner was quiet. We hardly spoke and when we did, it was never about anything serious.