E P I S O D E - 38

"Episode  38 - The truth shall set you free."

She was alive.

Relief flooded me like ice cold water being dunked on my head on a summer afternoon. I pushed forward, forgetting everyone around me, I took her into my arms. The minute my hands touched her cold skin I wanted to scream.

"I've never been so scared in my life before Elena!" I whispered into her ear, trying to contain my jitters. My whole body was shaking like a junkie. She however, just stood here with her arms by her sides. Shell-shocked.

"Fuuuuck!" Jamie's voice pulled my attention away from my stammering heart. I pulled away, grabbing her shoulder to search for any injury. My blood boiled when I saw deep red marks on her arms, a tiny bump on her forehead, busted lip, battered knees and shin and every other part of her body was covered under the white strappy dress she wore. I remembered her putting it on in the morning and now it was splattered with blood.

"Are you hurt anywhere else?" I tried to catch her attention but she was just staring at my chest with such detachment that I wondered where her soul was.

"Gabe." Reluctantly, I tore my gaze away from her to follow Jamie's voice. "You need to see this."

I needed to see what happened to Dex but I couldn't let anyone else take Elena to my room. So, I entwined my fingers with her, pulled her along keeping her behind me the whole time. When I turned the corner, bright crimson liquid covered the spaced between the bed and the bathroom. A knife rested on the bed, blood sticking to one side.

I sagged back at the sight of the gaping hole of his neck. Feeling Elena pull at my fingers I turned to find her staring at the man on the floor. "It's okay." She shook her head, ignoring my whisper. Using her other hand, she untangled my fingers from her. Not knowing what to do, I stayed one step behind her.

She picked up the knife before stepping into the blood bear feet. Crouching, she pointed the knife downwards at the body and with both hands on the handle, she pushed the sharp point through the t-shirt, skin then deep into Dex's dead heart. I looked around to find everyone in the room watching like she was insane.

Suddenly, Capone burst in through the door.

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO?" He panted, resting his hands on his knees. "Bitch." He was so out of breath that I was laughable.

Elena looked him dead in the eye and twisted the blade. Even though he was dead, I couldn't have been more proud of her. Trying to hide my smirk, I picked her up. Once again, she broke free of me before walking over to Capone.

"Next time, it would be you." She spat with a disgusted look on her face.

Everyone's eyes widened again, in shock and confusion. Standing properly Capone swiped his hand to hit Elena, causing me and Jamie to react in her defence but she fucking ducked. Like I taught her for the last couple of weeks.

Springing back up, she punched him.

So hard, that we all heard a crunch before he howled in pain holding on to his nose. Yashiko made a grab for him when he stumbled back but she shook him off, trying to maintain his non-existent pride.

"I'm done. I'm so fucking DONE." She screamed in his face before she pushed at Jeremiah to get the hell out of the room. I indicated Jamie, to follow her.

"Yashiko, please take him to the hospital. Jeremiah, take care of the body." I paused, speaking over Capone's swears. "Do not burry it, do not throw it in the river. Burn it, dissolve it in acid, just reduce the body as much as you can. Then grind the bones up before flushing that down the toilet."

There were about 10 people altogether around the room and in the hall way who heard my command. The way they were looking at me like I was crazy made me realise that these people weren't trained killers. Yes, they had committed crimes or had actually killed people but it did look like they enjoyed even if they knew the deal.

Capone was shocked himself but he was in too much pain to care. After Yashiko took him out towards the garage, I made my way down the stairs, following the faded bloody footprints that she left.

I knew she was in my room and when I found Jamie pacing in front of my door, I sighed out in relief once again.

"Bro, what the hell is going on?" He asked, looking confused out of his mind.

"Not now, bro." The door was locked. Using my key, I opened it. "Later, I'll find you." I closed the door on behind me, following the sound of the shower running. The bloody dress and panties were in the bin and her naked body was behind the glass screen. Steam rose from the booth. I knocked on the door before opening it. She gasped, turning around with her arm raised to attack.

I smiled, taking that fist into my hand, feeling it loosened before I placed a kiss on the back.

"I locked the door." I told her. She sighed while I searched her face for any ghosts that attached itself to one after taking a life.

"Do you want to join?" She asked sweetly, I ran my hand down the side of her body, ran a finger down the red bruise forming on her hip. I tried not to notice her perky breasts. It wasn't the right time. "I'm hungry." I smiled again, backing out to ask Jamie to bring us some food.

Just when the Jamie knocked on the door with the food, Elena exited the shower with my large t-shirt covering her tiny body down to her thighs. Jamie eyes me suspiciously before handing me boxes of rice, beef curry, lemon chicken, sodas. Thanking him, I shut the door to find her sitting on the sofa in front of the T.V.

Placing everything on the coffee table, I watched her closely as she started to eat without hesitation while keeping her eyes glued to the Bachelorette. I sighed, wanting to know what had happened but at the same time, I didn't want her to relieve her trauma.

When we finished and the episode ended, she turned off the T.V and just sat in silence, gathering her thoughts.

"I left the door unbolted for you. I was in the balcony, sketching and didn't hear him pick the locks." She finally looked at me. "I was going to text you when I realised I had left my phone in the room, so I went back to find him locking the bolts." She rolled her eyes. "Bastard."

She, genuinely, was not affected by the fact that she had just killed another human being.

"Anyways, I tried to climb over the bed to get to the knife when he lunged for me." Ever so gently, she placed her hand on mine for me to realise I was vibrating with anger. My jaw hurt from clamping them down so tightly. "I fought like you taught me to. Jab to the throat, knee to the ball and when he threw me against the wall, I must admit, I felt extremely weak from the pain but I pretended that I couldn't move.

"When he picked me up by my waist and threw me on the bed, I locked my forearm around his throat like you showed me." She got on her knees and shuffled up to me. "Choke hold you called it. That." She placed her hands on my cheeks making me look into her eyes.

"He was strong but couldn't break the hold so he stood up and back up into a wall knocking the wind out of me. When he doubled over, coughing to get his breath back, I lunged for the knife under my pillow and stabbed him in his spine and twisted, like you told me and when he turned in shock. I slashed his throat open."

"Go for the jugular vein." She smiled. "So, I did."

"Are you okay?" I had to ask.

"I've never felt better." I believed her, so when she straddled my waist, I let her. "You don't understand. It felt so good." She threw her head back when she said 'so'. "I just wish I did it sooner."

"I understand." I did. I understood the need for revenge. To snatch some dignity back, to prove to yourself that you have finally the power you never had.

"No, you don't..."

"Yes, I do." I sighed, grabbing onto her hips with fierce grip so she didn't disappear after my confession. "I know that your name is not Elena and that you're not Capone's daughter."

------------
Don't hate me for the cliffhanger but I will update next week xo