E P I S O D E - 49

"Episode 49 - Please don't kill me."

I had to change under one minute and put all the gears back on that I hid with my leather jacket on top before I went to hunt down Oliver. I knew I was wasting time but if I didn't slow down, make calculating moves, I'd be dead and so would be Elena. Or worse, Jude would keep her alive for his sick needs for the rest of her life.

The only thing I had when I burst open through the security door. I had already paused the cameras that I used via my phone. Thanks to Jake, who had hooked me up with the software. I only had the bag filled with money and the untraceable laptop, my torture tools and Yashiko's phone on me.

Oliver looked confused as he kept adverting his eyes from me to the empty monitors.

I locked the door and set my belongings down on the floor before I pulled the gun on him.

"You can try to touch the panic button but then you'll be dead considering it will take me less than a second to pull the trigger and nearly 15 seconds for one of them to respond."

He gulped loudly, brown eyes wide open, curly hair in disarray. Shaking his head, I lifted his arms in a surrender position. I moved forward and placed the muzzle against his temple to have cower away in fear.

"Please, please don't kill me." He begged, closing his eyes. He was only twenty-three but smarter than any of us in the house.

"I need you to pull up the GPS from the text this phone received. Then link the share location so I get an update every time he moves." I instructed handing him the phone. I knew he could crack the code within in seconds, I'd seen Jake do it but I needed Oliver to know I was serious. So I holstered my gun, pulled out a plastic zip lock back out of my pocket where I had stored Yashiko's severed thumb.

Oliver paled when I placed the pad of the thumb on the phone to unlock it. "Go ahead." Even though I had duck taped the incision, it was going to start decomposing soon. So, I placed bleeding thumb right before him and asked him to "disable the lock."

I held the gun to his head again. He tapped away on the keyboard, trembling in distress. When he was done, I checked the map with the GPS glow all the way down in New Jersey. I had a bad feeling that it was Jude but I refrained from being rash and just down without any plan getting both of us killed.

"Show me the tape where Elena was taken." I tapped the silencer on the side of his head.

"I didn't do I, please." He joined his hands together, begging me once again.

"Just show it." I growled, forcing the silencer to push him away slightly.

He brought the feed up too quickly for my liking. Within three or four clicks he brought up the feed from the camera that was placed opposite Lydia's room. Suddenly, 4 men in non-security attire marched up the stairs, followed by Yashiko while Mason fucking Capone stood at the bottom of the stairs. Waiting for something to happen. Considering he left after lunch and the time stamp stated 3:15, it would make sense how she ended up in New Jersey around 6:23 now.

The used crow bars to pry off the door from the hinges and within seconds they were inside. The room she was staying in was half blocked by the wall but I could see half of what was going on. A girl with dark hair and in a knee length black dress came at one of the henchmen with a knife taking him by surprise.

I triumphed when she managed to sick her precious knife in one their stomach. She tried to retrieve it but the other one grabbed her by her under arm while the other two quickly picked her up by her ankle.

My stomach pummelled to the floor. "No." I whispered. It was just wrenching to watch. I doubled over, placing my hands on the edge of the long table, I tried to reign my emotions in.

Control. Elena depends on you. I repeated in my head. Control. I repeated as I watched her small body hung in air fight with all her strength. She tried to grab onto the railing but they carried her down the stairs like she was some sort of an animal.

My eyes burnt at her struggle. My skin scrawled at the way they were man handling her. Capone didn't say a single world as they carried her the main gate. I looked at Oliver who quickly switched to the front entrance camera. They put her inside a black SUV before taking off within seconds. They took her in broad daylight.

Blood rushed to me ears, whole body pulsing erratically. I watched my hand shook, the gun under my left hand. Even though it was my dominant hand, I trained to shoot with both. Closing my eyes, I dragged myself back to that place. The man I used to be before Elena. I needed to be him, in order to save her.

The torture cell in Libya flashed before my eyes, the pain I felt when the fucking Russians shattered my knee cap. My dead friends, crooked politicians and leaders who refused to send help. Andrew beating the crap out of me and then his dead body that no one ever found or will because he was all ashes.

Sucking in a lungful of air, I straightened. Taking out my own phone I took a picture of the licence plate. I tried my best to not think about Elena.

"Is Lydia dead?" I wondered suddenly.

"Yes. Jude ordered it, Yashiko carried it out." He trembled.

"Did you know this?" I asked. He looked at me with wold eyes that told the truth even though his mouth contradicted him. "You should have told me."

"NO, I... I..." He mumbled trying to come up with a better excuse. He begged while, I shook my head, disappointed. "Yashiko told me not to... I'm so-"

I shot him. Elena must have begged too while she fought and screamed even though there were no audio. No one saved her then, why should I save him now. There was a whole in his forehead as he slumped in the chair, dead with open eyes.

Looking around, I realised that this was my distraction. Diving into my torture bag, I pulled out a bottle of gasoline and matches. I doused the computers screens, servers and specially wires in the liquid.

Picking up everything I needed, I walked out of the room, lit the match and threw it in the closed-circuit room what growled alive within seconds. The curtails from the window adjacent to the open door now managed to get lit on fire because of the draft from the window and started spreading it outside the room. I didn't wait around and found my way towards the East wing.

I couldn't take the main route because footsteps were coming towards me to. I quickly found myself entering a dark room that faced the garden but didn't want to turn the light on to raise suspicion.

Using my phone's flash light, I realised I was in a toilet with a window that lead to the garden. Putting the lid down, I climbed up, pushing the window upwards to find it stop half way. For fuck sake. Dropping my bags down first I carefully maneuvered my oversized body out of the gap before dropping down on the little garden that was planted along the walls. A line of bushes hid me from plain sight.

Tendrils of fire and smoke curled out from the windows and it was spreading rather quicker than I expected. That's when I realised that taking out the security room meant taking out the security system, not just the surveillance. The sprinklers inside weren't working. It gave me the perfect opportunity to run to the East wing without any detection.

The garage was literally next to the East wing and I thanked God for the first time in years for the layout of the house. No one was at the garage when I sneaked in and dumped all my bags in the back seat before pulling a cloth and chloroform.

I jogged up the stairs and into Capone's room to him in his briefs and a white vest shirt. He looked shocked at first but I was moving quicker than rational time limit because that's the one thing I didn't have time. He tried to scream, call for Yashiko while I approach him. When he tried to run away, it only made it easier for me to grab him from the back, placing him on a choke hold and press the white cloth on his mouth.

His big body limped back within seconds and instead of carrying him, I decided to roll him down the stairs. The more bruised he was, the better for me. Once I dragged his body into the trunk of the car while everyone else tried to put out the fire in the main wing, I finally breathed again.

Next, New Jersey.