E P I S O D E - 29

"Episode 29 - Cartier and diamonds"    

I felt soft skin under my palm before I opened my eyes. Silky smooth skin that I was obsessed with. I gave the plush mound a squeezed, feeling the pebble against the centre of my palm. I nestled closer, curving around her body.

"Stop." She mumbled, dragging out the 'o' sound.

I hid my smile in her hair, before planting a kiss behind her ear. She groaned before quickly getting out of the bed. I tried to stop her but she said something about period and left, complaining about life and men.

It didn't take me long to fall back asleep, access the mid conscious level where I was still mindful on my surroundings and dreaming at the same time. After she returned, my skin touched hers, the dreams won over my conscious state.

"You slept for 12 hours Gabriel. Are you really okay?" She asked when I entered the room after my shower.

"I don't sleep much." I was late for work. Way late for the tactical review I had yet to present Capone and figure out a line from Drug cartels of NY. Capone wanted to start a high end escort service because he had a couple of hotels around the city. 

It was a good idea but we didn't have the girls. Capone needed to figure that out because Madam La'laurie was queen of that world. No one messed with her and her girls.

"You did last night." She stated before pulling up How to Train Your Dragon on Netflix. This was her life. A life where she locked in a room for life without any hope of freedom in her future. It ate at me to realise that.

"Can I ask you something?" I chose to ignore her statement. "Why do you always have something on. Even if you're not watching the damn movie or show, you still have it on in the background."

She didn't answer me at first. Instead she took her sketch pad out and spread her sketch pencils out on the bed. She flipped it through, without letting me see any of those sketches, she opened up to fresh clean page.

"I hate the silence. It drives me crazy." I hated silence myself. I knew what that did to someone with wounds like mine or hers. The nightmare from last night flashed before my eyes. 

I hated every minute of it. I remember there was a time I'd drown myself in alcohol and remain that way day long, until I nearly hit a kid with me car.

I never touched that stuff after that. She was stronger than I was or I'd ever be. My stomach flipped at the sight of her. She started outlining a dragon, the one from the huge screen. 

We'd watched the movie before and she loved the damn toothless dragon. She had a cute innocent side that brought the protector out of me. 

A seductive side that brought the beast out of me and so many others in between that sometimes I didn't even know which one I'd be left to deal with.

I'd yet to meet her angry side and some part of me couldn't wait for her to come out. I couldn't wait her riled up and have unbelievable, mind-blowing, out of the world sex. I put on some casual clothes to head over to my room to change into a suit.

The Cartier box sat on the bed side table. Taking it out, I placed the box next to her stealing her attention away from the colourful animated figures flying across her screen. Her dark eyes widened in surprise.

"OH MY GOD. It's the Cartier Love Bracelet." She quickly dismantled it to find two gold pieces and a small screwdriver type key. "Diamonds. Oh WOW." Her eyes sparkled just like the diamonds. I couldn't help but smile.

"Here." We held the two ends together while I screwed it in place. There was no fancy engraving, nothing to indicate that it's a special or anything.