E P I S O D E - 28

"Episode 28 - Fried chicken and ride along 2"      

It was late in the evening when I arrived at the Capone mansion. It was my first day off since I started working for him. With the amount of time I spent with Elena, it didn't feel like my first vacation. 

Being with her always put a type of ease in me that I'd never felt before. Not in the Navy with all my brothers, not in the foster family who took me in when I was fourteen. Nothing ever made sense before her.

I found myself walking to her room the minute I got in through the double doors. I wanted to give her the things I bought for her. A sudden wave of uncertainty hit me. What if she didn't like it? At least I picked up KFC for her, so I might be in the clear.

When I came out, she was still sitting there, laughing at a scene from the Ride Along 2 and still chomping down the fried chicken wings.

"You're really hungry, have you been eating properly?" I was concerned about her. I hadn't seen much of her lately.

"Yup, I'm on my period, so I need the greasy stuff." I paused from taking out the little baby girl neon light. That was something I'd never had to deal with when I was with a girl because we never lasted for more than a week let alone a month. 

Right after, I'd realise what a mistake I had made and not even look at another girl for months before someone else would grabbed my interest for a short period of time.

I carried on taking out her gift. "I bought this for you." I took out the pink box and sat it beside her. Her eyes lit up.

"You bought a present." She beamed. "AWW. Thank you, Gabriel." She wiped her fingers before opening the box.

"I have something else for you."

Like a cute little kitten, she curled up around the little light in her hand and purred. "Thank you." She crawled up to me and engulfed me into a tight hug. It shocked me at first. 

Her soft stroked the scars on my back, other hand remained on the back of my neck. After the initial shock of the intimate hug wore off, I squeezed her to me, feeling her once again plush body against mine.

All my anxiety left my body.

She felt much warmer than usual, just like the time when she was sick.

"Are you okay? You feel so warm." I stroked her back with furrowed brows.

"I get bit of a temperature when I'm on my period." She moved back, sitting back down on her feet.

Even though I felt slightly uncomfortable talking about it, I ignored the discomfort. Considering it was my first time ever being with a girl for so long, I had to get used to it. Sighing, I took her face in my palms before tenderly kissing her forehead.

"Go, eat. I have something else to give you later."

We finished the greasy food just before the movie finished. It felt good to see her chomp down everything after such a long time. I felt like I was betraying her by keeping the truth from her. 

Even though she was doing the same but it was her secret. It wasn't like I told her my life story. Sighing out once again, I took her into my arms and tried to concentrate on whatever movie she had put on.

"What's up with you?" She questioned, turning to look me in my eyes. "You've been huffing and puffing since you got home."

I smirked, trying to hide the strange feeling the erupted from my stomach. She understood my moods. I didn't want to lie to her but the truth would be worse.