E P I S O D E - 22

"Episode 22 - Date with the princess."      

Funny truth about pain is that when you're basking in it, the feeling becomes so dominant that nothing else can reach you. It creates an impenetrable bubble around you and nothing can get through that. 

So, in order to survive we suck in that pain, allowing the numbness to take over. The bubble solidifies, the numbness becomes permanent.

It prevented me from feeling anything until her.

The buzzing city, beeping horns drowned out her husky voice. I lowered my head towards her, she got on her tiptoes to meet me half way.

"This is so pretty." When she told me she'd never been to china town, I asked the cab driver to change his course. The elder man with a thick south Asian accent was a very happy man with his large sum of tip on top of the big fee.

I watched the sun hit the lower part of her pretty face, pink pulped lips gleamed in the sun. Sighing in content, hooked an arm around her shoulders, turned on that she was carrying my gun in her backpack.

"By the way, you look cute as hell." She laughed at me complement. It was the sweetest sound among the loud noises of the city.

"I got a bit too excited when you said secret mission." She wrapped her arm around my back.

To everyone around us, we looked like a normal couple. Surprisingly enough, that thought didn't frighten me. What frightened me the most was not being able to see her, be near her or touch her. 

Bringing her body closer to mine, I inhaled her scent that the aroma of food around us tried to mask. Red and yellow colours surrounded us with green specks. The roar and rush of people always astounded me.

"So, you hungry?"

"YES. Spicier the better."

We strolled through the endless line restaurants and Elena ended up picking hot pot special restaurant. I ordered almost everything on the list. She'd never experienced such cultures. I'd thought that she would have been so spoiled that she'd be snobby but she was far from it. The way her face lit up when she ate something new was or she heard a different language.

Something told me that she was hardly allowed out. The cruel through wiggled a shiver up my spine, I had to grind my teeth, cracked my neck from side to side like psycho. When the urge left my body, I picked up my chopsticks and carried up dunking all the meat slices in the spicy broth. She kept moaning every time she put them in her mouth and I liked feeding her.

"Can I tell you something?" I stared at her mouth like an idiot as th.

"Of course."

"I've never had Chinese hot pot before." I knew that already. Something flared at the bottom of my stomach. I wanted to give her the world yet she was kept so far away, it gutted me.

"Do you like it?" I asked, picking up some more meat dropping it in her bowl.

"I LOVE it. I want to try Korean barbeque later."

I wanted to pick her small body up and hold it so tightly that no one could separate us.

"Anything you want princess." She looked happy for the first time since I've known her. The permanent smile on her face made me ache to run my thumb across her lips. So anything to keep her that way.

"Thanks for brining me out today."

The frog in my throat prevented me from replying to her.

After we had finished, she wanted to go shopping. We walked among the bustling streets, weaving through the thick crowd. The mid-day heat scorched our skin but I had no trouble with it. Her sea through t-shirt attracted some attention but I had my thick arm wrapped around her shoulders, my ruined face under the ball cap scared them away.