E P I S O D E - 47

"Episode 47 - Hunting humans is better."    

When I returned to my room, Elena was still sound asleep. I slid in from behind her, wrapped my arm around her torso and pulled her closer. She didn't jump anymore when someone touched her while she was asleep. Suddenly, an imaged flashed before my eyes.

A normal suburban house, white picket fence, a couple of trees here and there. Maybe a front garden and a pool at the back, something simple and calm. For someone who wanted the world couple of months ago, who wanted the blood of politicians responsible for my friend's deaths, didn't really seem to care about the lavish life anymore.

Being with Elena made me feel normal. Maybe she'll let me turn the basement into a torture room and I could still carry on my quest to torture the people who ruined my life or my friends. That would be fun.

An evil smile stretched across my lips when I imaged Elena coming down the stairs to find one of our enemies hanging upside from the ceiling, confessing there crimes and just roll her eyes. Now I sounded like a serial killer. Again, what the hell was wrong with me?

I couldn't believe I, finally, found my match.

Jamie and I were stressing over a legit business deal in Capone's office, when he finally strolled in around 11 am the next morning. His nose was the only thing in a plaster but the black eyes still remained the same. He was supposed to speak to the CEO of a fast food franchise called Urbaners that sold unusual fusion of food that actually went well together. It was the most popular with the millennials.

Capone wanted to buy an old club, renovate it and rent it out to Urbaners. Not only that, he wanted to buy shares, including an opportunity for future investments. I had to give him credit, he was smart when it came to business. Morally, he was Satan's brother.

The real Satan was Jude. I knew what he looked like, who he was or still is, his talents, the murders he committed, literally, everything I could know about him, I knew. Including his shoe size. As a Seal, we relied on intel that's what I was doing. Making sure I knew everything about my enemy. The only thing I didn't know and wished I knew was where the hell he was.

Finally, when Chef Orzo entered the room with his team following behind him with silver domes on trays, Jamie and I decided to get lunch. Anywhere but Urbaners.

"That shit sounds crazy man." He laughed stuffing his face with a cheese steak sandwich we got from subway. I only nodded, sending Elena an image of the food. She replied soon after with a sad face emoji.

"Is that Elena." Jamie asked.

"Yeah." I replied, absent minded.

"You two are really serious." Putting my phone away, I started to eat.

"Yup." He nodded his head.

"So, the fact that she stuck a knife through his heart didn't bother you." It clearly bothered him

"Nope. You do know what I ordered to get rid of it right?" I countered, defending her.

"Yes, but you were trained to."

"Yes, she was abused into." He suddenly quietened after my retort.

"I didn't mean-"

"I know." I shook my head.

"How bad was it?" He seemed curious but cautious at the same time.

"She was kidnapped as a kid, abused in every single way until Jude had to leave to evade murder charges. Oh, get this, Lydia, blackmailed the guy Jude was with to testify against him. Now, that killed the guy in prison and his family, Jude's coming back." I made sure no one was around us.