E P I S O D E - 15

"Episode 15 - Sexting and nudes."          

"We need to case out the building when we get there. Over." The radio crackled from the lack of pressure of my thumb.

"Yes boss." The voice fizzled through the radio.

"I thought you weren't going to come." Capone was in the back seat, protected by all the tinted windows. A horn beeped past us, a yellow taxi tried running over a pedestrian but halted to a screech, millimetres away from her knee. She banged on the hood and swore with a thick Brooklyn accent even though we weren't anywhere close to that area.

Without traffic, the journey to Capone Industries would have been forty minutes tops but with the traffic it was nearly two and a half hours. I was getting restless, my leg was bouncing on the balls of my feet.

"Well, in light of what happened yesterday, I guess I have to, now." I initially didn't want to, especially when I woke up to a plush body in my arms.

At first I was confused and stunned then I realised it was her. Her side of the bed was nearly empty and I couldn't help but chuckle. She was still asleep when I left her in the morning. I had left her a note with my number but I didn't get any messages or calls, I started to get worried.

Instead I decided to text her myself. I knew I shouldn't have with Capone grumbling behind me in the limo but I didn't care.

Me: Is your ass still in my bed?

I waited a beat for her to reply but when she didn't, I started to get concerned. The loud noises didn't drown out the voice inside my head. I could feel Capones eyes burning holes at the back of my head. I cracked my neck, the popping sound ricocheted through the high-tech interior. The brown leather matched with the black console in the car.

The sky was bright blue, yellow sun stamped the tips of tall glass buildings. Men and women in black suits, power walking to work. Manhattan itself was a world of its own. So many ethnicities, so many colours and people of different status trying to make it.

We slowly pulled onto the curb, the car bumped and jerked before pulling up to a complete halt. Town cars lined the curb with yellow cabs making pit stops before scurrying away.

"Diamond formation guys. The threat might still be real." We got out and Yashiko opened the door for him. I welcomed the sweet heat and the smell of exhaust. Just like before, people turned to watch us walk by with power strides. The elevators were reflective, golden with mirrors all around. I checked my phone again but the screen lacked the green bubbles. Disappointed, I shoved the damn thing in my pocket.

Capone shook with laughter behind me.

"Did you piss off your chick, Gabe?" He slapped my back twice, while everyone remained silent.

Did I? Maybe I had but I didn't dare to reply. The door dinged opened, people waiting for the elevator parted in fear of Capone. The view of central park hit a nerve. I could see buildings opposite the central park and it looked gorgeous.

I imagined what the morning sun would look like on Elena's smooth golden skin. White sheets and beige curtains, my finger tip tracing patterns on her back or thigh with the blocks of yellow light, highlighting her skin.

Then, maybe I would fuck her against the glass wall for everyone to see but the tinted glass of the height of the building would obscure that. The thought was tempting but a dream still so far away. 

His office was a high tech modern fortress. Black comfortable couches on one side, a large glass table on the other with picture frames behind him of Politicians, Kings and Queens and world Leaders he's met.