She sniffed hard. Allowing herself a few moments to gather herself. But it didn't help.

I'm not going to cry because of him anymore. I won't...

She convinced herself.

"Hey!!!"

Baekeun knocked on the door with a white plastic bag in his hands. He had obviously been out to buy snacks and drinks.

Jieun wiped her cheeks before turning at him.

"Are you crying?"

"No..." She turned around trying to put on a smile while shaking her head in denial, but the tears running down her cheeks betrayed her. Baekeun bent down so he was lower than her, looking up from his squatting position he could clearly see the strains left on her cheeks that traced more than a few seconds of crying.

"The party, everyone is gathered. Would you like to join?" Baekeun said, trying to divert the subject. He knew she wasn't comfortable with showing her tears, and hence he didn't want to bring it on.

"Maybe next time. I'll just head back... I'm still a bit rusty after driving."

"Should I drive you back?"

"No, go up and have fun with the others"

Baekeun fought the urge to wipe her tear away, but stopped himself, knowing that she was trying her best to hold them back.

"Then let me get you a taxi, we'll drive the car back later, hm?" She nodded in approval, making him feel slightly better. He didn't like her going home on her own in this state.

Jieun stood outside waiting for the taxi to arrive. Baekeun accompanied her until the taxi arrived. She bid him goodbye with a warm hug and stepped inside. As Baekeun just was about to close the door and arm suddenly pushed him and the door aside. Not minding Jieun the guy pushed her further and invited himself into the car.

"Hyung," Baekeun exclaimed touching his arm which was hardly pushed.

"Hwang Jeongso? What are you doing here?" Jieun said with the same amount of shock and bewilderment. Her eyes grew big at the guy who sat next to her, contrary to the relaxing guy who had his arm crossed and closed eyes. He was supposed to welcome Jun with the others not being here.

"Hyung, aren't you attending the celebrating party?"

"I won't miss his funeral," Jeongso said irritated.

"But-"

"Excuse me, are you going to discuss the whole day? Cause my wage doesn't cover that." The taxi driver said a bit irritated.

"Then set off," Jeongso said, leaning his back against the seat to adjust a comfortable position. Baekeun and Jieun exchanged confused eyes, but then gave in. Closing the door to the taxi Baekeun watched them drive away.

Jieun wondered why Jeongso wasn't staying with the others while he apparently already showed up at the party.

"Hwang Jeongso." Jieun said to the guy who was frozen in his position of locked arms closed eyes.

"What?" He said expressionlessly.

"Are you sleeping?"

"How would I reply if I slept?" He said with closed eyes, his brows gathered showing some life confirming him not be a person speaking nonsense in his sleep.

"Then can I ask you something?" Jieun asked. Jeongso didn't reply nor did he reject her to propose, hence Jieun took it for a go.

"Why didn't you stay at the party?"

"I'm not particularly fond of him," Jeongso replied.

"Why?" Jieun asked, she knew they were only half-blooded, but that doesn't mean they weren't bond to care for each other. Hanmin and Hana were only half-siblings yet there was no problem between them. A million questions swarm in her sea of thoughts, she wanted to of help if any. Did their hate originate from their past? Were there ties that were still unknotted?

"He crashed my car." Jeongso cut sharp.

"What?" Jieun couldn't believe her ears.

"I said he crashed my cars."

"It can't just be that-"

"You wouldn't know before he crashes your car." He added,

"More than once."

There was something he was hiding. Indeed people had their own secrets, some you couldn't share. It wouldn't help to pester when it oblivious made him pissed. Jieun shouldn't push her luck. Not that she had much of it. 

"Actually about the car-" the thought suddenly hit her.

"I don't want to talk about it." Jeongso cut in.

"But actually I mean-"

"I'm not listening."

"No, listen! Who is going to take your car home?" Jeongso shot his eyelids apart, he turned at Jieun with knitted brows, a cold expression lasted as he waited for her explanation.

"I thought of letting the car for you to drive home.... so I parked it at his house," Jieun said discouragedly.

"You took my car to pick him up?" Jeongso said, an unreadable expression spread across his face, warning danger of those unstable with expressional issues, who appeared refined and controlled but harboring ill thoughts. He looked both attracting and intimidating at the same time. Not in a good way.

I'm dead...

A/N: I've changed the character's name, look at the chapter "Character name list 01" on the last page to see the changes.