One Kiss ✰ LJ [17]

Start from the beginning

You did as instructed, hopping on top the counter and your legs dangling down. You heard your best friend cheer, clapping her hands together in excitement. She stood in front of you, her hands placed on both sides of you on the counter. Her lips just inches from yours made this ten times more real.

"What if someone comes in?" You asked.

"You locked the door. The only person that could come in here is the janitor." Lauren said, "Now, are you ready?"

"No."

An adorable giggle escaped out of Lauren. She stepped closer to you, inching toward your ear. "Don't be nervous, Y/N. Just tell me when to stop and I'll stop, okay? I'm not forcing you into anything."

"Alright," You choked out.

You gulped the large lump in your throat, feeling Lauren's hands grip your sides. Her eyes lowered to your lips, she licked her own. Your heart rate began to increase but you didn't want this moment to stop. Her being close to you was one thing but knowing you'll actually feel her lips against yours meant everything.

"Put your legs around my waist so you're closer to me," Lauren said.

You wrapped both your legs around the waist of your best friend, you almost felt uneasy but you didn't want any of this to stop. Not at all, not one bit. "Great, now put your arms around my neck." You did as followed, locking your hands together once they met each other. Now being way too close for comfort, this somehow enticed you to want more.

"You're gonna want to tilt your head so your lips fit against hers perfectly." Lauren wanted to gag at the sudden mention of Stacy but she was still occupied with this situation right now. "If you see her start to tilt her head in the same direction as you, move the opposite direction."

You nodded your head before slightly tilting it, Lauren smiled. "You're doing amazing. Now, to make her feel comfortable, you're going to dig your hand into her hair. You want to lightly massage it so it feels heavenly." Yes, was Lauren only telling you all the things she liked in a kiss? Definitely, but she was hoping by the end of this kiss, the two of you would feel something in the kiss and that would lead you to cancel your date with Stacy.

Lauren sure as hell doesn't want you to go on that date. Although she'd love to see you happy, she wants it to be her that makes you happy. She wants to be the reason for your smile, your laugh that you hate but she finds it adorable, just anything that results in happiness is what she wants you to feel because of her.

You unlocked your hands from each other, placing one of them on the back of Lauren's head. Her hair in your hands felt like silk, making it easy to massage her head. Lauren's warm breath tickled your lips, the faint scent of mint was still there after she was forced to spit it when one of the teachers called her out on it earlier.

"Close your eyes." She said, softly. You shut your eyes, not noticing the small smile on Lauren's lips. "You're safe in my hands, okay?"

Those are the words you've always wanted to hear from Lauren but not in the way like you're interpreting it now. You believe she only means it as a best friend helping her best friend. You wanted this to be more.

"Ready?" She asked, her voice coming out lower than before.

You nodded your head once again. A couple of seconds went by before finally feeling Lauren's lips on top of yours. You hesitated at first to kiss back because quite frankly, you didn't know how to. But remembering the kissing scene from Pretty in Pink in your head, you figured it out and luckily, it worked. You slowly dipped your head further, your lips practically stapled against hers. Your hand still continued massaging the back of her head as you felt her left hand let go of your waist. Her index finger ran down your jawline, softly.

This feeling you were experiencing was heavenly. And it sucked you were feeling it from your best friend, plus, the kiss wasn't real. You thought it didn't mean anything to Lauren but it meant everything. Before the kiss could get any more heated than expected, you pulled away from Lauren's lips. It was hard to detach your lips from hers because you didn't want it to end but you had to before you fell even harder for her.

"Why'd you stop?" Lauren asked.

You avoided eye contact with her. You pulled your hands away from her neck and her head but for some reason, you couldn't get yourself to unwrap your legs from her waist. Your hands sat in your lap, you watched them as you felt Lauren take them to intertwine with hers.

"Y/N, what's wrong?"

You sighed, feeling tear drops well up in your eyes. "I'm fucking dumb."

"No, you're not. Why do you think that way?"

"Nothing."

"Y/N, tell me. You can tell me anything."

"It's nothing, really."

"Did you feel something?"

That's when you froze in your spot. You hesitantly rose your eyes to her level, meeting with the emerald gaze looking at you. A hopeful but small smile was formed on her lips, you couldn't read her eyes if your life depended on it, but she brought you to ease and comfort as she always does.

"Did you?" You choked out.

"I always have."

You raised an eyebrow, "What?"

"I always have felt something with you, Y/N. I always thought there was something between the two of us, our friendship was different than anybody in our friend group. We cuddle, we hold hands under the table, just recently, I've started kissing your cheek. I don't believe I'd ever do that with anyone else other than you. But now, the question is, did you feel anything with the kiss?"

It felt like hours before you had the guts to say anything. You were processing and absorbing every word of Lauren's and she was aware, that's why she wasn't rushing you. You cleared your throat in case your voice wanted to give up on you.

"I, uh, I felt... everything." You confirmed.

You were confused when you felt yourself being lifted from the counter. Lauren had wrapped her arms around your waist, carrying you off the counter, and spinning you around the bathroom. When you faced the mirror, you noticed the wide smile on Lauren's face, which only created one on your own. You broke out into giggles when she started spinning you around again. Meanwhile, Lauren was squealing at your confirmation about the kiss.

"Okay, okay, Lauren. Put me down or I'm taking it back." You joked.

You couldn't ever take anything back but hey, it got Lauren to set you down on the counter again and you not puking on her back. She moved her arms to your neck, locking her fingers together when they met. Her toothy smile was still evident on her face and she could see yours just as well. It was silent for a couple moments, both of you were stuck in each other's thoughts but you two were thinking exactly the same.

"So, where will this lead now?" You asked.

"Well, this is going to lead to many more kisses," Lauren said. Although she was serious, she still managed to make you laugh.

"I guess I am canceling my plans with Stacy?" You asked.

Lauren's smile dropped, "Oh, right, her. Um, can you?" her eyes dragged down to her feet.

"It won't be easy considering how nervous she was to ask me but of course, I'll do it." You smiled.

Lauren lifted her head up, her eyes sparkled with happiness but also pretty shocked as well with your reply. "Seriously, thank you. I know how much you hate saying no to someone." She said, planting a kiss on your cheek.

You nodded your head, biting down on your lip. Damn, what one kiss can lead to, you thought.