Chapter 55

I was pushed into the car by Juniper. Once we were at least ten miles from the airport I had to say something.

"Okay, whAT THE ACTUAL FU-!"

"Annabeth calm down," Jason said. "Look we're going to tell you sooner but it didn't go so great with Percy and you yesterday so. . ."

"You still should have told me!" I ran my fingers through my hair. "How did this even happen?"

"Well yesterday when you went to breakfast with Leo," Frank pointed to him, "It turned out that there was a reporter there and only heard the part where he was talking about you and him."

"Oh, my gods!" I shrieked in frustration. "What do we do now?!"

"We fix it at the press conference. Now more than ever you and Percy have to act lovey-dovey." Leo said.

"Great. I'm stuck pretending double now." I sunk back into my seat. I glanced at Percy and I saw a hint of pain in his eyes.

------

The car stopped in front of a beach house. The house had a breathtaking view of the ocean and beach.

"I thought we were going to a hotel?" I asked Jason.

"Well normally on occasions like this where we stay for a week, we rent a house. When it is only a day or two then we stay at hotels." Jason explained.

"Enough talking." Frank grabbed his bags. "Let's pick our rooms."

--

I pick a room with pale green, white, and gray. The bed was huge and so was the closet. I had a semi-circular window that had a view of the water.

I had Jason and Juniper in the rooms next to mine. Leo and Percy got the two rooms downstairs and the rest were on the second floor. I was glad Percy was at a long distance.

Once I unpacked everything it was seven at night. I went downstairs to the kitchen and ate a sandwich then went back up to my room. I walked by Jason's room and the door was opened. He was strumming to the tune of New Classic, one of their songs.

"Knock, knock?" I said.

He looked up, "Hey, come in."

I sat on the chair next to his bed.

"Can I ask your honest guy opinion?"

"Yeah, I guess. What's going through your mind."

"Do you think I should forgive Calypso? I mean for her it was an accident, she thought he was Leo, she was drunk."

"You could, I mean if it was a drunken mistake, then yes. What about Percy?"

"Percy is in a different situation," I remember the conversation I had with him yesterday.

He put the guitar aside, "What really happened at the party and when you guys left the meeting?"

"Did Percy not tell you?"

He nodded his head.

"Then it is better that way. I don't want you guys into our mess. I don't want you choosing sides." I got up and walked to the door. "If you really want to what happened get him to talk. I don't want to relive that."

----

Later that night Juniper barged into my room with her makeup stuff. I looked at her in confusion. She held up a finger to stop while she catches her breath. Then she ran out of my room again.

What going on?

"First night in Miami means we need to go have some night's fun!" She finally said.