Chapter 54

I woke up with the sun in my eyes. I turned on my phone and it was blowing up with missed calls, messages, and voicemails. They were mostly from the seven. I was even surprised that Leo tried calling me three times. I also got a text from him.

'Meet me at the Hearth Restaurant @ 9 before the meeting. Go as Analia. We need to talk.'

I found that weird because now all of a sudden he wanted to talk. I check the clock and it was already 7:50. I called Juniper to bring me a black wig and some clothes. I went down to the kitchen to eat some breakfast. I was halfway through my breakfast when my dad came in.

"Morning sweetheart. I thought you were going to spend the night at Percy's?" He asked me.

I stayed quiet for a moment. As I did, yesterday's scenes came flooding back.

"Um, plans changed." I tried so hard not to cry.

"Are you okay? You feeling okay?"

I messed with my food, "Yeah, I'm fine. Juniper will be here in a while."

"Annabeth, tell me what's wrong and don't say anything. I know you."

I thought about his words. I broke down in tears again.

"Shh, it's okay." He hugged me.

"Daddy, I got my heart broken."

He pulled away and looked me in the eyes, "What did he do?"

"He kissed Calypso. He promised me he wouldn't hurt me back in Canada."

"Oh, you don't have to go Miami with him."

"I have to go as part of the contract. Just know that I'm doing it for the band, not him."

"I know sweetheart."

The doorbell rang. It was Juniper. By 8:.35 a.m. I was ready for the wig.

We were in my room and I was sitting on my vanity. I looked through the mirror as Juniper put on the wig. As I saw that in a matter of seconds, I became, a different person, I realized something.

Things between Annabeth and Percy are over, but what about things between Percy and Anaĺia? What would happen when I walk out that door? What would I do? Could I even stand to be in the same room as him?

-----------

When I arrived at the restaurant there were fans and paparazzi there. I checked Leo's social media and found that he'd posted I would be there with him, so much for being secretive. I was able to sign a few autographs and take some pictures before I went inside. Once there the host directed me to the table. I saw Leo sitting at a table with a view of New York in the morning.

"You wanted to see me, Valdez?" I said and he turned around.

"Yeah. You know for someone who's been hurt you look like you're taking it well. Very mature, classy, and serious." he said.

"Look if you're just here to make me feel worse then excuse me I'll leave now." I turned on my heels, but he stood up and grabbed my arm.

"I'm sorry. Just sit down." I took my seat and we both ordered. "Look you and I are both hurt right now. We need each other. We have to let them know that this doesn't mean we'll forgive them easily."

"Leo, you weren't even going out with her. What's your point?"

"Percy betrayed me. He knew I liked her and he still kissed her. My point is that we show them we have moved on and that we don't need them."

"Okay, I guess you have a point. I'm in."

---

It's been 30 minutes into the meeting and all Grover has been talking about is Heroes. I don't understand why I'm even here. Percy all this time has been trying to get my attention, but I just ignore him. It is, not the time or place to talk.