Chapter 20

Percy POV

It was around 6 when we were in the limo heading back to the house. Like days before it was quiet. Frank was on his phone, Leo making something from scraps, Jason was looking at his phone but his face showed no expression which wasn't at all him, and Annabeth. It hurt me when she told me she went on a date with Luke, it made me think that she doesn't like me. She had her headphones on looking at the dark sky.

When we got to the house, Annabeth looked amazed and surprised, "Oh my gods! Who was the architect who built this? It's amazing!"

"Yeah, I wouldn't know. You can ask our manager, Grover, he was the one who signed the contracts and all the paperwork," said Jason

"Will do." she said, "Now I think we should start, so who do I start with first?"

"Me! I have a song in mind and I want to get it done," said Leo

"Okay let's go. Where do I leave my stuff?"

"Living room is fine. Vamos Annie to the music room!"

Annabeth lightly punched Leo, "Don't call me Annie, Repair Boy."

I turned around and looked at Jason, "What has been up with you lately?"

"I'm just gonna go to my room and write," said Frank inching closer toward the staircase.

I waved Jason to follow me, "Bro, I don't like seeing you like this. You look worse than when Kronos got cut into pieces. Tell me what's going on."

"Look I don't think Reyna wants to be with me anymore. There I said it." he sat on a chair on the balcony in his room.

"Jase, why do you think that? First, then friends we're family." I put my hand on his shoulder.

He turned to look at me, "I know it's just she's so distant and she told me that she was coming to New York to tell me something important."

I know how he felt. Realizing that the person you spent so much time thinking about doesn't feel the same. The feeling of false hope. How it leads you to bigger things than you. No matter what you do to keep things going, at some point, you stop. You keep it inside you and hide it.

"Do you remember when Rachel left me?" he nodded, "How I was? How I never wanted to do anything. When we were touring and it was Friday I would stay in and instead of partying and living the fame life. Jace what I'm trying to say is; I don't want you to be the same way. If Reyna is coming to break up with you then, write a song about it. Better to let it out some way than to keep it in."

"You're right and I guess I do understand how it felt for you and Rachel. So I got an idea," I looked at him puzzled, "let's write a song together."

"I'm in, let's start." I got my guitar.

Started writing down some lyrics. Words came flowing out of us. We started doing the rhythms and sounds until we had music. We still had one more verse to come up with but it was okay. We were in the living room when Annabeth came down the stairs with Leo laughing about something he probably said.

"Hey guys, it's getting late and I have to go. I think I make the process I'll see you at school." she grabbed her things and waved to us. She walked towards the door and put her hand on the knob and that's when Grover came in.

"Hello, you must be Annabeth I'm Grover the Heroes' manager." Grover shook Annabeth's hand.

"Yeah, that's me. Anyways I was just leaving, it's getting late," she said

"Annabeth wait I want to show you a song we wrote and you know you could give us some feedback?" I said

I grabbed my guitar and started strumming I started singing.

Annabeth started playing with her necklace. I only played a small part because I didn't want to give up the whole thing away, "Do any thoughts, suggestions, or something?"

"Are you thinking of making a slow song?" she told me

"Well, I guess it's about heartbreak, and well most heart breaks songs are slow so. . ."

"I think that you should change the rules, I think you should make this in that upbeat song. I mean sure heartbreak is hard but you should try to dance to something and get past it" She sounds so wise. Even though I clearly know that she doesn't like me I can't stop thinking about her. Her personality is perfect her golden Hair framing your face she was beautiful because Frank was tapping my shoulder.

"Uh, uh you're right I think we should make it an upbeat song." I scratched my neck avoiding eye contact because I think she might have found it I was staring at her because she kind of smiled.

"You're welcome, anyways I've got to- oh wait I forgot. Can I have asked you a question?" she turned to Grover

"Yeah sure shoot."

"What's the architect's name? The one who designed this awesome house."

"Let me try to remember," he scratched his head, "oh wait I remember, her name was Athena Chase."

Wait isn't that. . . Annabeth's mom?!

~~~~~~~~Author's Note~~~~~~~~
Happy late birthday Hazel!