Chapter 18

"What do you want the song to be about?" I asked her while she went through my closet.

"I was thinking about someone who likes someone else but they have a partner already. The someone asks the other to hear her out a few seconds before he leaves and wishes the best even though he only might think of her a little while," she said

"You really did think about this didn't you?"

"A little," she pulled out a dress that I hadn't worn in two years, "how about this one?"

It was a white dress that went a little above my knees, it had a sheer fabric with pink roses, I liked it. "Perfect. What shoes?"

"Don't worry about that, I have it covered. You start the song while I get you ready." Piper picked up her phone and typed something.

She started on my makeup and stuff I came up with ideas. 15 minutes later someone knocked on the door. Piper answered the door, she came up with a pair of baby pink pumps with bracelet-like straps.

"They're pretty. Not too short or too tall. Who brought them?" I asked putting them on.

"Argus brought them from home. I knew they were perfect with your dress."

"How's the song coming along?" She started on my hair.

"I need one more verse and the tune and it should be done." I said, "Do you want the tune on the guitar or with different instruments."

"I want to keep it simple, so on the guitar."

"Ok, the song will be finished sooner." I told her, "Maybe even tomorrow it will be done."

We talked and finished the tune for the song and we had some things still but overall was done. Piper had left to go help Hazel with the party. I was ready to go so I was waiting. I grabbed my lyric book and worked on my song about my dream. I had also started working on another one, I got an idea during school. It was 5:54 when the doorbell rang. Luke was wearing a black and white tux with a deep red tie. He looked good.

"Hey, you ready?" he stood by the door.

"Yeah, let's go. I'm starving." I grabbed my purse, coat, and keys, then walked out of the house.

We got to the restaurant and got seated. There were very fancy-dressed people, the place was elegant. "Thanks for accepting my offer. I know you've been busy." Luke told me

"Of course no problem. I needed a break from everything." the waiter came and left us the menu.

"Why? What have you stressed?"

"Nothing much just school. I'll be fine." I remembered what Apollo said, I can't tell anyone at this point what I'm doing.

The night passed quickly. Frankly, it wasn't as I expected, sure we talked and ate great food but it was different. The place was fancy and extravagant, Luke was a friend, and it was a nice time as friends. With Percy it was different. It was simple, beautiful, and calm. There was a difference that was there with Percy and not Luke. I felt like yeah the date with Like was good, but Percy's was special.

Luke took me home and dropped me at my door. He hugged me and I hugged him. As we pulled away he kept one arm around me. He looked at me directly into my eyes than my lips. He got closer, but I stepped back and said good night, and closed the door. I leaned on the door, my family was asleep. I heard Luke's car leave the driveway, then went to my room to sleep. I have a long day tomorrow.