Chapter 7

A week later

It was Monday and I was ready to face the day. I knew there was a 70 percent chance everything can and will go wrong. It was the first day Heroes would start going to school with us. I tried to think of all the ways to hide or avoid any of them. That was easier said than done especially with Percy enrolling because of me.

Piper was outside waiting for me. I sighed and grabbed my backpack. During the ride, their Piper told me the whole biography of Heroes. I paid attention here and there. All I kept thinking about was Luke. What is he going to think when he finds out?

When I walked into the class everyone was staring in the direction of my desk. A certain raven black-haired boy was sitting in the seat next to me. On my desk was a single red rose.

"Um, what are you doing here?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm attending classes. Last time I checked that's what school is for." Percy leaned back on the chair.

Everyone watched our interaction. Not knowing exactly what was going on. My friends looked like they were about to burst with excitement. I shook my head and turned to look back at Percy.

"As for the flower I have no clue. Such a mystery," he said.

"Right-" I rolled my eyes and took my seat.

For the rest of the class, my friends kept texting me and asking questions.

Piper
What happened?

Me
Nothing he just gave me flowers did you not see?

Calypso
Anna, He must really like you.

Me
Shut up I'll talk to you after class. Kay.

Hazel
You guys would be cute together

Me
Hazel I barely know the guy. Don't get ahead of yourself.

————

During lunch, I was sitting with Piper and Hazel at our regular table waiting for Calypso. After a couple of minutes, Calypso came in running to our table putting her phone on my face.

"A little too close Cal," I complained.

"Oh sorry. Annabeth you would not believe what's in this article." She handed me her phone. "Look at this interview that Heroes gave on Olympus Daily."

"Calypso, I don't care okay? If it's some stupid fashion article I'm good, thanks."

"Just shut up and read it."

"Fine." I started reading and I was seriously starting to think the guy was obsessed.

Popular boy band Heroes just announced that they are going to be attending a public school in New York. They didn't give the name of the school but we're pretty sure we'll know soon.
When we asked the band the reason they took the decision they had this to say,

"We just want to experience being normal teenagers again," said Frank Zhang the drummer.

We also asked the members what they were looking forward to the most. They had some pretty good answers,

"For me, it would probably be a woodshop. I've always had a way with tools," said Leo Valdez the bass guitarist.

"I think maybe for me it would be music classes because I'll be in my zone," said Frank Zhang.

Grace the guitarist and vocalist said "Football for sure. I've always liked football so it wouldn't hurt to try out."

And last but not least we have Percy Jackson the lead singer and guitarist of the band and his answer was something a little romantic,

"What I'm looking forward to is someone special and the swimming team."

When we asked who was this special someone he was looking forward to the only said "Well I can't say."

"He was talking about you, girl," Calypso exclaimed.

My eyes stayed glued to the screen while I said nothing. They are each there with a smile on their faces. They were expecting a reaction from me but I didn't know which one they wanted to see. I didn't know either. Calypso sat down next to me. I was about to speak when Hazel broke the silence.

"Look who entered the cafeteria just now." She pointed to the doors.

I turned around and I quickly turned back before they saw me but I was too slow. Percy spotted me. His band and he was walking towards us. They were struggling to get to us because they were trying to push through the crowd that was swarming them. Mostly girls that were trying to talk to them. When they arrived they say down and it was quiet for a minute.

"Hey ladies, Leo-McShizzle-Man-Bad-Boy-Supreme is here!" Leo practically yelled.

I glanced over at Calypso and she was smiling ear to ear. We agreed to introduce ourselves properly. We figured we would start on the right foot. We are supposed to say our names and something we like. It felt like first grade again by introducing ourselves like that.

"So... are you guys dating anyone?" Hazel asked which was very straightforward for her. She was always so quiet and shy.

"Percy, Leo, and I are no, but honestly I'm not surprised Leo is still single," said Frank responded.

"Hey! All the ladies love Leo, okay Frankie," said Leo.

"Don't call me Frankie. Anyways Jason is dating Reyna Avila Ramirez Arenallo the daughter of a Puerto Rican businessman. She's pretty tough for a rich girl. She goes to school at Jupiter High." he explained.

"Oh, that's nice. I didn't know Jason had a girlfriend. I've never read anything about it." Piper stared down at her food.

"That would be because we have the best PR team." Jason bragged.

"What about you girls? You seeing anyone?" Leo wiggled his eyebrows.

"Nope! We're still single but it's okay. I've never been a one-man kind of girl." Calypso sighed.

"Interesting, I'll keep that in mind." Percy slowly spoke.

I glanced at him and I saw him grinning. I wonder what goes on in that boy's head. His brain might just be kelp, maybe he was a Seaweed Brain.

The rest of lunch the girls were getting to know the guys. I remained quiet for the majority of the time. I only spoke when there was a question for me. I gazed across the cafeteria and found Luke. He was sitting with Travis and Connor. We locked eyes and I gave him a small smile. He smiled and nodded at me before going back to his conversation. I saw Percy on the other side of the table rolling his eyes. What's his problem?