Chapter 1

My name is Annabeth Chase but my friends call me Anna. I was just starting senior year. Even though it was my last year I still didn't want to make a mistake & make a fool of myself. I am a little nervous. Who doesn't want their first day of school to be great?

I was walking towards the entrance of the school on the first day of school when I saw my friends standing by the doors waiting for me, so I sped up. This year might just be the best year. I was ready for anything senior year could throw at me.

"Annabeth!! How are you!" said Hazel running towards me to give me big hug. Hazel was the youngest. She had hazel eyes just like her name, curly black hair, and out of the four of us the most innocent.  

I laughed "Nice to see you too and I'm great."

Piper and Calypso came over to us and we hugged. Piper was one of the most popular girls in school whether she liked to admit it or not. She had tan skin, her eyes seemed to always be changing colors, and she always had a colored feather in her choppy brown hair. Calypso was the wild middle child. Her golden eyes complimented her auburn long hair. She considered herself fun, carefree, a natural flirt, and the life of the party.  I was happy to see them. I'd gone to California for summer vacation. I'd only come back yesterday. I had so much to tell them about.

"How was your break?" asked Calypso.

"Good. I got you all something." I said as I was taking out the bag with the three bracelets.

"Omg Annabeth they're beautiful you shouldn't have," said Piper. I had gotten her a yellow and lilac beaded bracelet with a lightning charm.

"Hey, it's the least I can do," I said.

"I love it thank you, A." Said, Hazel. For Hazel, I had gotten her an amethyst bracelet with a bear charm.

"Thanks, but we better get to class and get out schedules," said Calypso. I had gotten her a light green and white beaded bracelet with a flame charm

"Yup, you guys ready for our senior year?" said Piper

"Yes!" we all said and started walking."

————

We went to get our schedules and stood in the hall talking about them. We still had a couple of minutes before the first period started.

"Yes! We got almost every class together. I have at least one of you in each class." Hazel reported.

"Girls let's get to class. I don't want to be late." I said. We said goodbye and we all walked off in different directions.

Later after three classes we met up at the cafeteria. I was exhausted already. We got in line and picked up our trays. School food is not the best but I had to make it work. We sat down at the table in front of the window right in the middle.

"Yes, finally lunch I'm starving." Piper was digging into her food.

"So what electives did you guys choose?" asked Calypso

"Oh oh I'm taking an art class," said Hazel

"French and cooking, of course," said Piper

"Well I chose theater and art," I said "And you?"

"Well, I'm taking an art class too. Hopefully these new guys this year. The guys in our class are unsurprising," said Calypso.

"Calypso is always on the hunt for her next victim." Hazel joked.

We spent all lunch catching up on everything. Time quickly goes by. We finished our lunch and headed to class. I'd hope the rest of the day kept on going smoothly. Or some strange reason I had a feeling this wouldn't stay this calm all year. Like that one saying, calm before the storm.

-💙📚