Chapter 49

Percy's POV

I looked at Annabeth and she was looking at something behind me. I turned around and saw Rachel and Reyna. What's going on? Annabeth was in the middle of a song, she couldn't just walk off the stage so I went instead. It was my job as a boyfriend. I grabbed both of their arms and dragged them behind one of the walls to the side.

"What in Tartarus are you two doing here? What are you two up to?" I hissed.

"Come on, Percy don't tell me you didn't miss us," Rachel said

"As if and as you can see we have moved on with our lives. We found better than you guys."

"Look Percy I know what I did to Jason was wrong but it was my choice. My father said I had to marry him." Reyna said. I knew who she was referring to when she talked about him. "But I'm not here to do you any wrong. This is part of my job."

"What do you mean 'part of your job.'" I asked her.

"What Rara over here is talking about is that we have been hired to act in Anna Lisa's music video. Isn't it great!" Rachel gave a fake sweet smile but I know that underneath her she was just waiting for the moment to do something. I know her too well.

"Why you guys? Especially you Rachel." I said

"Obviously 'cause we're the best, sweetie." Rachel grabbed my arm and put her head on my shoulder.

"I would step away from my boyfriend unless you want a broken arm, sweetie." I turned towards the voice. I saw Annabeth. Thank the gods she was here. I hadn't even noticed that her song had ended.

Rachel stepped away from me and looked at Annabeth. "Well if it isn't the Little Greek girl. It really is a good thing that I'm here. You practically need me." Rachel smiled wickedly.

"And why exactly would I need you? There are plenty more people in the world. Ones that don't ruin everything." Wow, Annabeth is throwing major shade.

"Fine if you don't believe me go ask Grover. I'm pretty sure he'll tell you what is going on."

There was a moment where they were just giving each other a death stare. That was until Reyna cleared her throat.

"I am Reyna. I don't think we've met." Rayna stuck her hand out and Annabeth took it.

"No we haven't met but I've heard about you. Anaĺia Ace." Anaĺia said.

--------------

"What the hell Grover! Why didn't you tell me I have to work with those two? I mean I wouldn't mind Reyna but Rachel of all people you could have chosen!" Annabeth said.

"Look Annabeth it was not my choice. It was Apollo okay and it's in your contract. You are obligated to work with anyone you are assigned directly from Apollo. If it's assigned by me that you can of course refuse to right away or from anyone else but when it's from Apollo. You can't because then it becomes the agency's problem, not yours." Grover said

"But why exactly did he choose both of them? He knows exactly what's going on between us or what used to be and all the problems they've cost us." I said

"Because Perce they're the best in the business. Percy knows how long it takes to make a music video. It takes at least a week or two. It's not going to be that long but you'll have to work with them Annabeth." Grover explained

"Fine but just so you know, in 20 minutes I want them both out of here. This was supposed to be my night. I was supposed to have fun. They're just making it bittersweet for me and I'm going to make the music video. I'm going to make that only take 3 days." Annabeth walked towards Piper's table and sat down with her friends.

I don't know what's gotten into Annabeth's but I don't like it. She wasn't like this before and I don't think it's the fame that's getting to her head, because I know her. It's something else. I just had to figure out what. The rest of the night I couldn't actually talk to her. She was busy with reporters, cameras, and other people coming up to her talking. I understood that she can't talk. I had to go through and it's the beginning.

-------------------

I was in my room. It was about 1 in the morning. I couldn't sleep. We got home 3 hours ago and Annabeth went straight to her room and hasn't come out since. She was so pretty upset. I haven't talked to her and I don't want to bother her. I just wanted to give her some to cool off. I sat there on my balcony looking off outside the window when I heard the soft notes of the piano. I thought I was just crazy. I hesitated at first to go see where it was coming from but I made up my mind and went.

I put on a shirt and quietly walked through the hallways. It's coming from the music room. As I got closer I could hear a voice singing.

Can you find me here?

In this dark terrain?

Annabeth I thought. What is she doing up so late? As I got closer I could hear her voice more clearly. Her voice was one of the things I loved most about her. It was beautiful.

Can you pull me out

From under

Diamonds in the dirt

Shinin' through the hurt?

Can you pull them out?

I stood and leaned against the door frame. I listen to her whole song until she ended. Then I decided to say something.

"Already working on a new song?"

She turned around. "No, I was just messing around with music that's all."

"Is that why you're up late?" I asked her.

"Yes, and I couldn't sleep. What about you?"

"Same. I couldn't sleep."

"Yeah seems to be the case."

"Wanna go for a night walk?" I offered her a hand.

She took my hand. "Let's go Seaweed Brain."
-
We walked through the woods behind the house. We were walking in silence. I wasn't looking where I was going and bumped into something hard.

"You okay Seaweed Brain?" She asked me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I looked up and saw a dome-shaped thing.

"Was this always here?"

"Not that I know of." Seeing this reminded me of something. "Annabeth I have something to show you."

"Um okay but just so you know I want you to keep this a secret for us."

"Of course Wise Girl."

I put my arm around her shoulder and we walked back. I quietly brought her to the second floor. Once in the middle of the staircase, I turned towards the wall. I pushed two buttons in a seal and the wall started to open. I saw Annabeth's jaw drop. I pulled her in and closed the wall behind me. We were met with a cozy space.

"Annabeth welcome to my secret chill room." I spread my arms.

"Wow, my mom was good!" Annabeth exclaimed.