Chapter 30

Annabeth's POV

In the morning it was awkward. We all went down there in the kitchen eating breakfast. Jason, Nico and Frank cook breakfast time and the whole time I just didn't talk to Percy. I was silent. Percy kept glancing at me and smiling. I just acted as if I didn't see anything. I was the first one done so I excused myself and went up to my room. I grabbed my notebook then I went to the music room and grabbed a guitar. I went out through the back door the hallway, I didn't want anyone following me. I just wanted some to think and get my feeling straight like Piper said. I headed towards the gardens in the backyard. It was a big house so of course it had to have a big backyard.
I went past the first Garden which had a long pond and statues at the end. I went to the right to the other Garden on the left is where you go to the fireplace and I knew that would be the first place to go looking for me. I walked for a few minutes on a path with statues on its side and small brushes. I walked down the stairs and looking fun of me this is probably another one of my favorite places his house it was a pond/ Lake with a fountain in the middle in the little temple thing.

There was another statue of what look like cupid and inside the temple that was floating at the end of the pond / Lake was a statue of Aphrodite. I recognized it because of the Greek writing on the plaque. We learned how to read Greek and in mythology Mr. Brunner taught us.

I sat on the steps overlooking the pond. I brought on my notebook and started writing some words eventually it turned into a chorus. I figured out a beat. I grab my guitar and started strumming and singing to what I had so far.

All these days I never thought

That I would need someone so much

Who knew

But I don't think I ever planned

For this helpless circumstance with you

I got a few more parts of the song done. I think I had done like half of the song but it wasn't all done.
I put my notebook away. I need more inspiration. I just sat there looking at the garden. Hearing the birds sing, looking at the koi fish down in the pond, and It was relaxing. As I sat there I was thinking of my feelings, getting things straight for myself first.

My phone rang and I got a message from Piper saying that she had just left for her date with Jason and that where was I. I told her that was out in the garden and that she should have fun and not worry about me. I grabbed my guitar and started singing the song. . .

Chorus: Both]
And if I'm too young to fall in love

I turned around and Percy was behind me singing too, I didn't stop. I kept singing .

Why do you keep runnin' through my brain?
And if I'm too young to know anything
Then why do I know that I'm just not the same?
Don't tell me I won't
Don't tell me I can't feel
What I'm feeling is real
'Cause I'm not too young
'Cause I'm not too young, no

"How did you find me?" I turned around and asked him.

"Piper told me. She wanted us to clear things out. I agreed." he sat next to me then there was a silence.

I put the guitar aside and leaned on a column, "Do you really like me? Like like me?"

"Yeah I do. You don't know how many of nights I've fallen asleep thinking about you and when you said you went out with Luke. . . I thought I lost you. Annabeth please give me a chance."