Chapter 17

I still had a weird feeling in my stomach. I don't think it was because of the date with Luke. I decided to change into my clothes for school and go downstairs.

Today is the boys' interview so I was free, but I felt like I wasn't. My friends were already waiting for me outside. I had called Leo that morning and told him it's that if it was okay if I and the girls took my car to school. I still haven't talked to Percy so that's part of the reason why I thought, I felt would feel awkward since the last time we talked.

"Hey, so explain to me again why you're not riding with the boys?"

"Because Caly I told you it was weird the last time I saw him so I want to make things right and I think we should take a break for some time for me I'm basically going to work with him but I'll figure out something," I said

"I can tell he really does like you like in a good way, just some issues that are getting in the way but you can pass them," she said

"Okay then moving on tell us more about your audition," Hazel said smiling.

"Well, I had to sing four songs. One with Jason, one by myself, another with the band, and one with Percy." I turned to look at the world outside of the window. As I looked, those images of my dream and what had happened the last couple of days ran through my mind.

————

As I walked out of the second period and she came up to me. She and her whole group of Barbie dolls came up to me. At least Leo was with me I wasn't alone but alone or not I could still take them on. She dropped my things on the floor and that was it, that was all it took.

"What the hell do you want now?" I said picking up my things.

"Well listen here Blondie, I know you had something to do with my dress on Friday." she grabbed my arm and I shook her hand off.

"For your information, I had nothing to do with it and unless you have proof, I suggest you just lay off."

"Fine I might not have any proof but I know you had something to do with it see you later loser." she glared at me, "Bye Leo."

"She's on to us," Leo said

"Ugh, let's get to class. She doesn't have proof, plus she's not smart enough to figure it out." I grabbed his arm, "Let's go."

————

I got a text from Luke. It surprised me because he hasn't talked to me in class for days but today was our date.

Luke
Excited for tonite, it's still on right?

Me
Yeah, it's still on and I'm excited too.

Luke
I'll pick you up at around 6 if that's fine.

Me
Ok yeah, Sounds good. Where are you taking me anyways?

Luke
All you need to know is that it's a fancy restaurant, a tie, and dress thing, and you'll love it.

Me
I'm sure I will.

On my way to lunch, Piper was waiting for me outside of the cafeteria. This was odd because she was always first in the cafeteria so this must be something that is worrying her.

"Annie I need you to come here. I need you to do me a favor." she pulled me to the girl's bathroom.

"What is it what do you need help with?" I said

"I need you to write me a song."

I looked at her, " Piper you know songwriting is about you and how you feel. Someone else can't just write something for you."