Chapter 21

Annabeth's POV

My mom, she did this. That was my first thought. She built this that it overwhelmed me. I knew she was an architect but I thought it was just in California.

I think I spaced out a bit because Percy was trying to shake me out of my thoughts, "What?"

"You okay?" said Grover

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine this it just my mother designed this house, but anyways I have to go." I wanted to go home and listen to my mother's see if she talks about this house and designing houses in New York.

"Do you want me to drive you or ask the driver to take you home?" Percy asked

"No but I think I'll just take a taxi thanks anyways." Once I was out of the house I raced to the streets to hail a taxi. Once I got home I said a quick hi to my parents went up to my room. I went through the box that belonged to my mother and flipped through her diary. I didn't find anything I wish I had though. I mean at least I'll be somewhere my mom was part of.

*Flashback*

"So how are we going to start your song? Also I need to know what your inspiration is to help you?" Leo and I both knew he liked Calypso so I wanted to find out tease him a little.

"A girl at school. I wrote a song about her and that's just what musicians do. Have you seen Taylor Swift? That girl has had so many breakups." Leo laughed

"Yeah okay let's just move on so show me your song and I'll give you suggestions tips or something. A girl's point of view."

"Okay I'll show you just you know you're going to sing them because I am terrible at singing. That's why I don't sing I just play an instrument it's my safe space."

"Is that why Frank doesn't sing either he's horrible at singing and Jason is a backup singer and Percy is the lead singer?" I asked

"No Frank is good at singing but he doesn't like to sing in front of people. He's good with playing an instrument in front of the people but not singing."

"Oh makes sense."

"Jason he's good at singing but he doesn't like to be in the spotlight. Percy he we all kind of voted him to be lead singer and he went with it which was cool with us."

"Oh. Well back to the song." I grabbed the piece of music,

"Sounds good what do you need help on?" I look over the lyrics.

"I need a post chorus and a second verse." Leo said

"Okay." We worked all night until I had to go but we did a good job we finish this song so it's one less song that they have to work on. I wonder if the other boys started on anything.

*End of Flashback*

The next day I prepared myself for another long day of being member in the famous band. Wait was I really am I really a band member? What if I'm just some intern? Or I a full-time member or not no I don't think so. . . or am I?

Today the day went by fast. Lunch was a little more louder than usual and it was somewhat back to normal. By the time was over I was already in the limo being driven into a studio in New York. When we were arriving I got a message from Piper.

Piper
Remember to sing a song for me.

Me
Yeah don't worry I'll do that for you I promise.

Piper
Ok thanks good luck. Can't wait to see the results.

Me
Thanks I'm going to need luck. I'll see you later today at Hazel's.

Piper
Ok bye

The studio was massive. There was so many bright lights. One of the assistants escorted us back to where we needed to be to get her hair and makeup done. I saw Apollo talking to the photographer, "Finally you guys are here. Now we're in a bit of a tight schedule so hurry up."

It took an hour or two to get all the pictures and shots we needed. At the end they told me that they were going to blur me out. They're going to put all the pictures together and go posted on the boys Instagram to build suspension. That meant I wasn't supposed to perform or let anyone know about it because it is going to benefit me and the boys.

I went back and changed into my normal clothes and grabbed the guitar that we are used as a prop and told Jason if I could speak to him in the hallway. I was going to do it, I was going to sing the song Piper had asked me to.

"Jason, what I'm about to do, I want you to know that this isn't from me. I helped her write it but it's not about what I feel. It's about someone else who wants to send you a message. So there goes nothing," I started