Chapter 4

The ride to school was frightening. Piper didn't crash but she drove like a maniac. Now I understand why she can't seem to pass the driving test. We got off and headed inside when I heard a scream coming from behind me. It came from Calypso and Hazel behind her.

"Ahhh!! Annabeth!!!" Calypso quickly stopped in front of me.

"Calm down and use your words?" I gestured for her to breathe.

"You won't believe it! Guess whos going to be a guest judge for the talent show tonight?" Calypso giggled.

"Who? Tell me already." I said

"Heroes!" Hazel and Calypso yelled at the same time.

"Oh. That sounds good." I said in a monotone voice.

"You're not excited about it? Or at least nervous? They're super famous right now." questioned Piper.

"Yeah, why? Aren't you feeling something, anything?" asked Hazel

"No. I just think they are just a bunch of pretty boys that think they're the best thing ever. I don't listen to their music. They never stood out to me." I stated.

"Anna, I don't think Heroes is like that. From what time observed from their interviews they seem genuine and passionate, especially Frank. He's pretty nice and cute." Hazel gave a little smile.

"Haz, I know you have a crush on Frank but you haven't met him in person. How do you know he isn't a big jerk in real life? Celebrities can be faked in media." I looked at her.

"Come on Annabeth, don't ruin her dreams. Ignore her Hazel." Piper reassured her, "In any case remember they're judges. Let's hope karma doesn't come back to you. I personally can't wait! Maybe I will be able to see Jason and maybe talk to him!" said Piper

"Sure" I rolled my eyes and laughed.

————

When  6th period rolled around I was telling Luke about how Heroes was part of the judging panel at the talent show. He was taken aback by the fact that I didn't like Heroes like every other kid our age.

"So you aren't into music sensation Heroes? Are you even from this planet?" He said sarcastically.

"Nope. I think they are nothing special, in my opinion at least." I shrugged.

Luke laughed. I heard Luke laugh and never noticed how cute it is. I'm glad we became closer. I think I'm starting to feel affection toward him. I don't know yet, but there's something there.

"If you say so. I guess we have one more thing in common now," he added.

"The more the merrier. By the way, are you going to the talent show?"

"Yeah, I wouldn't miss it." He answered

"Really?"

"You're gonna perform and I want to see you." He leaned forward closer to me.

My heart started to beat faster. I felt myself getting flustered. This was new.  He was inches from my face. Maybe Piper was right maybe I did like him.

————

After school, I walked with the girls to Piper's car. We saw a black SUV pull up to the front of the school. There were a pair of sea green eyes like I'd never seen before peaking out of the window. The person looked familiar but I just couldn't put my finger on it. Maybe I was just hallucinating, I couldn't see if of their face. I almost fell because I was distracted.

"Annabeth, are you okay? You almost ate pavement." Piper said.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I got distracted for a sec."

When we got to Hazel's house we ran straight to her room and started pulling out outfit choices. After not coming to any conclusions, we head downstairs for a snack. Hazel's mom, Marie, had prepared us some. They started talking about Heroes but I wasn't listening. All I kept thinking about were those eyes. I was curious about them. I found them interesting. My thoughts were interrupted by Calypso yelling my name.

"Are you confident in the song you chose?" asked Calypso.

"Well, I think that Tornado Warnings by Sabrina Carpenter was a great choice. I like the song. It feels nostalgic." I said

"I think it is perfect for you to sing," Hazel said with a small giggle.

"Ok now you have time to get some practice in," said Piper

I blinked a couple of times, "Yeah of course. It's just can I ask you something. Do you remember that SUV we saw when we were walking?" I asked them

"Yeah, why?" Piper asked

"It's just. . . You know what never mind let's just do something." I was about to tell them but I stopped myself from making a fool out of myself. Somehow it didn't feel right to bring it up yet.

————

I know there is a lot of Lukeabeth in the beginning but the gonna be way more of Percabeth.
~💙📚